AccuWeather's digital properties are among the most popular in the country and we pride ourselves in delivering incredibly fast and accurate content to millions of people every day. AccuWeather is seeking an experienced Java developer to be part of our team in charge of developing new features for and maintaining our CMS, (Brightspot).
This position will report to the Director of IT and collaborate with our web development group.
- Be part of a small, dedicated team, whose primary responsibility is to develop and maintain our CMS that will support our main web sites including www.accuweather.com and m.accuweather.com, as well as other AccuWeather digital properties
- Work with our CMS vendor, Perfect Sense Digital, to create new features within Brightspot, a Java based platform
- Coordinate with web development, app development and product management teams on new features and solutions
- Develop code that can easily be tested, deployed, updated, and monitored in production.
- Enhance existing code base.
- Work with the team to troubleshoot software problems and issues.
- Research and develop solutions for future software releases.
- Update software products to keep pace with evolving markets and technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with the BrightSpot and/or Dari Framework highly desired
- Minimum 3 years’ experience programming in Java
- Proficient in principles of objected-oriented programming and design
- Experience with low latency high throughput REST APIs
- Experience processing and consuming JSON, XML, and RSS data
- Experience with agile software development methods
- Familiarity with RDBMS, specifically Microsoft SQL Server
- Familiarity with Java testing frameworks such as Junit
- Demonstrated experience in developing against and maintaining large, transactional, enterprise class systems
- Ability to work independently on projects as assigned
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.