At Instructure we’re building the world's best ecosystem for teaching and learning. An ecosystem of multiple applications that keeps things simple, yet can flex and grow with the changing needs of millions of students, teachers, administrators, parents, advisors, counselors, and institutions.
We’re hiring software engineers, who are passionate about technology and education to join a team of battle-tested professionals in building our portfolio of SaaS solutions. You will have the opportunity to work on highly technical challenges on multiple products and technologies. Our stack spans across Java, C#, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, React running in dockerized services on AWS.
Our values are ownership, openness, simplicity, and relationships and we want to work with proactive problem solvers who get things done.
What you’ll do:
- Join the team who owns Canvas Catalog: it is a branded marketplace which allows teachers and institutes to share their learning materials with others.
- Migrate existing services and develop new features in Java stack
- Help the team to deepen their Java/JVM knowledge
- Contribute to frontend development in React
- Learn and use AWS services like EC2, CloudFront, SQS, Lambda, S3, and RDS to provide world-class uptime and performance.
- Use CI/CD (test automation, deployment workflow) to improve quality and deployment.
What We Look For (the more is better):
- Deep knowledge of modern Java ecosystem (11+ preferred)
- 1+ years of experience
- Experience working on (cloud-based) high-traffic production applications
- Demonstrated high level of programming, debugging, product architecture, devops and quality control expertise
- High level of proactivity and a problem-solving attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- BS or greater in Computer Science preferred
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.