Who Are We?
The Guidewire team, now more than 3,200 strong, is an Internet scale, Cloud native, Realtime data platform built for Property and Casualty insurance industry worldwide.
Guidewire's Cloud Application and Integration Services Product development team is looking for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented Java Backend Engineers to build elegant solutions for the property & casualty insurance industry's complex business domain and make our industry-leading products even better.
Create real impact. One customer at a time.
Guidewire is a top cloud employer on Glassdoor with a startup frame of mind and the world-class platform for global Property & Casualty market.
Fresh challenges every day
If you're up for taking on comprehensive projects, ready to run head on into change and comfortable with the uncomfortable, you’ll fit right in here. Join Guidewire as a Java Software Engineer.
This role can be 100% remote for a Canada-based employee.
- 2 or more years of Java programming skills OR new grads from top Universities with proven internship experience working on Java.
- Very strong problem solving skills, data structures, algorithm skills.
- Experience working with Open Source frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, jBPM, and others
- Agile software development practices
- Experience designing REST or gRPC based APIs
- Any cloud services experience (e.g. AWS / GCP / Azure / PCF)
- Technical design and leadership of features from inception to release
- Effective collaboration with different stakeholders while leading features (e.g. Architects, PMs, PgMs)
- Maintaining and promoting a healthy codebase and ensuring high quality of products
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration (CI/CD)
- Unit/Integration Testing, etc
- Strong understanding of relational database persistence (e.g. MySQL, Oracle). Familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, CouchDB) is a plus
- Experience with microservices architecture and containers
- Experience building secure software and knowledge of security practices
- Object-Oriented Design (OOD) using SOLID and / or Hexagonal design principles
Successful software engineers at Guidewire typically have:
- A desire to work collaboratively in an empowered, small, cross-functional team
- Experience working in an agile and fast paced development environment (e.g. TDD, BDD, Agile, pair programming, etc.)
- A passion for code quality demonstrated by thorough testing
- A desire to be hands-on in designing and writing code
- Curiosity and internal motivation to constantly improve
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills, comfort level to speak their mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet humility and hunger to learn from others
Our employee culture…
Who We Are
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.