Do you …
- Have a knack for creating modern web apps?
- Solve problems other people can’t easily spot?
- Love laughing in the face of a challenge?
At Lucky Orange, we know how daunting it can be for business owners, advertising and marketing agencies and website operators to figure out why people aren’t converting on their website. We create “A ha!” and “Oh wow!” moments for our customers by helping them understand how visitors are interacting with their website so they can create better online customer experiences that help close the sale or generate leads.
Our platform helps our customers uncover insights that allow them to increase website conversion rates and solve hidden user experience challenges. We help the people who use our platform interact directly with their customers to answer questions, resolve issues and keep them coming back for more.
What’s a day in the life like?
Putting customers first is always our priority, but we’re known for having a relaxed, playful environment at Lucky Orange. On a typical day, you’ll find our team members helping customers, devising growth strategies, writing code and working with partners. We’re a work family that likes to take time to get to know one another better, challenge each other to a round of Mario Party or Super Smash Bros and recognizing one another for a job well done.
- Working on the core frontend platform (all in vue.js)
- Working with node.js backend microservices and APIs
- Bringing new features to life by TDDing amazing Vue.js components
- Ongoing improvements to the Lucky Orange platform including UX enhancements, new feature requests, architectural decisions and new products
- Improving the quality and security of codebase through automated testing and code review
- Ongoing bug fixes and debugging existing codebase and customers’ code to detect and fix conflicts
- Helping internal customer service team resolve customer service issues
- Creating and maintaining fast and informative automated tests for all repositories
- Working out of our office in Overland Park, Kan. (This role is not eligible for a remote working arrangement.)
What does it take?
- BA or BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Expert knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, ES6, Vue.js, Vuex, Node.js
- Experience working with larger scale Vue.js projects (vue router, vuex, vue components)
- Knowledge of working with Node.js and Microservices
- Experience with modern build tools (e.g. webpack, gulp, babel, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of testing web apps using frameworks like mocha, nightwatch, cypress, etc.
- Experience creating and maintaining tests for all repositories
- Ability to debug other people's code
- Ability to write secure code and understand website vulnerabilities
- Genuine interest in web standards, writing elegant, readable, maintainable HTML and CSS
- Working knowledge of version control using git. GitHub Flow experience preferred.
- Ability to provide clear direction directly to end users when troubleshooting issues and providing actionable fixes
- Ability to work in a (relaxed) office setting in Overland, Park, Kan., during typical working hours (9 a.m. - 5 p.m.), Monday through Friday.
How do I stand out from the rest of the pack?
- Kubernetes experience
- Google/AWS Cloud experience
- Outside of the box thinking – knowing when to reinvent the wheel (and when not to reinvent)
- Use or are familiar with Lucky Orange software or other conversion rate optimization (CRO) tools
What’s this gig pay?
- Competitive salary plus quarterly bonuses
What about the extras?
- Unlimited paid vacation/sick days
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- 100 percent paid health insurance for employees
- Fun company outings
- No dress code
- Nerf gun-friendly office environment (named as one of the Coolest Offices Spaces in KC by the Kansas City Business Journal)
- Company-sponsored lunches
- Generous performance incentives
- Company-sponsored vacations
Who is Lucky Orange?
Lucky Orange, located in Overland Park, Kan., started as a bootstrap analytics and usability software company and is now one of Kansas City’s hottest Software as a Service (SaaS) companies. We’ve also been recognized as one of Kansas City Business Journal’s 2019 “Best Places to Work.”
Our flagship product sheds new light on user behavior by allowing website owners a peek behind the digital curtain to watch recordings of users, engage with interactive heatmaps, see real-time analytics, provide exceptional support via live chat, analyze forms and create custom polls.
We think it’s a pretty stellar product, and so do our clients who have used Lucky Orange on more than 150,000 websites worldwide.
What matters the most at Lucky Orange?
We know that workplace culture defines a company. That’s why we had passionate discussions on the words we chose to articulate the Lucky Orange values: Moxie. Honesty. Delight. Creativity. Empathy. Motivation.
Our employees demonstrate these values through:
- Superhero mentalities that dare to think innovatively and embrace new ideas and fresh approaches
- Collaboration and respect for one another’s ideas
- Putting people first – our customers and our coworkers
- Slow claps to celebrate team member accomplishments
- Continuous improvement – pushing ourselves to constantly be better in our work and finding new opportunities to grow the company
We look forward to working with you!