Who We Are:
StackCommerce is on a mission to enable people to organically discover products and brands they love on the publications and media they engage with every day. Our native commerce solutions build new, incremental revenue streams for publishers, and empower our brand partners to reach relevant audiences through content. With more than 750 publisher partners, the company’s media network reaches over 1 billion monthly visitors and has over 6 million registered users. StackCommerce is headquartered in Venice, CA and was recognized as one of LA Business Journal's 2018 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles. The company is backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.
StackCommerce is looking for a Jr. Copywriter to partner closely with our in-house editorial team on all content creation initiatives, including but not limited to product copy, email copy, and commerce posts. This position will be responsible for writing and editing product descriptions, while adhering to the voice and style guide of StackCommerce. This person will also be responsible for editing and writing commerce articles (to be published across our partner publisher network) within the style guides of the publishers themselves. This position requires creativity, attention to detail, reliability, and the ability to match a variety of styles/voices. Please provide links to samples of your work in your cover letter.
- Educated. BA/BS in literature, writing, etc., from top-tier school. 2+ years of journalistic/article writing experience. Tech-focused writing experience a plus.
- Detail-oriented. You understand the importance of minor details and turn out grammatically flawless work.
- Skilled writer. You’re adept at writing editorial posts that embody the voice of a given publisher, seamlessly integrating with its regular article content. Your posts effectively articulate consumer-facing messaging, value propositions and benefits for publisher audiences, providing value to readers without sounding overtly advertorial.
- Tech-Savvy. You are familiar with Asana, OSX, iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows. You live and breathe tech, reading tech publications daily and always the first to know about the latest releases. You have a strong background in translating technical ideas for a wide audience.
- Reliable. You are flexible, decisive, and never miss a deadline.
- Team Oriented. You work, collaborate, and communicate extremely well with others to get the best out of whatever the task may be.
Benefits + Perks:
- Salary, Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need.
- Vacation: “Unlimited” Paid Vacation
- Allowances: Stack Coupons, Learning allowances, Monthly Books, and Parking+Uber Dollars.
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal.
- Rad Location: Our office is literally on the beach in Venice - Surf everyday!
- Amazing Events: Annual Company Cruise to Mexico, Yoga on the Beach, Bi-Annual Hackathons