Revel Systems is the POS and platform built to help businesses achieve their goals. Improving day-to-day operations and fueling merchant growth, Revel’s streamlined ecosystem pairs an intuitive point of sale with powerful management tools, integrating inventory management, employee management, sales reporting, and more into a single platform.
Revel works with businesses from small merchants to global enterprises, that are looking to implement cutting-edge technology that helps increase revenue, improve efficiency, and enhance experiences for employees and customers. Founded in 2010 Revel is a leading member of the Apple Enterprise Mobility Program.
The Revel team is focused on its mission to disrupt and modernize the state of commerce by providing businesses of every size the tools necessary to thrive. Come join a smart, motivated team and work at a leading technology company during the next phase of growth.
We are looking for a motivated Junior Scrum Master to support our growing engineering organization. Preferred candidates will be collaborative, continually improving and work well in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. The role will require at least one year of scrum leadership and/or Agile project management.
The role requires a team-oriented self-starter that works closely with development, product management, user experience, and quality assurance peers to manage and ship product increments on-time and on-budget. The Junior Scrum Master is not content simply facilitating meetings, but regularly rolling up their sleeves to help the team meet commitments while continually seeking to improve our processes and scrum execution.
- Provide hands-on coaching of scrum teams in all aspects of scrum (facilitating daily stand-up meetings, backlog refinement, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings, self-organization, collaboration, iterative development, managing flow, calculating velocity, limiting work in progress, etc.)
- Remove impediments that would prevent the team from achieving its sprint and release goals (internal and external to the team)
- Responsible for assuring quality user stories that meet team standards
- Work effectively with product management and team members to clarify needs and plan delivery of major product changes, future versions, and new products
- Proactively manage sprint-level risks, assumptions, issues, and dependencies, ensuring that they are identified, coordinated, mitigated or escalated as necessary
- Review current agile processes, drive process improvements and challenge the teams to innovate
- Effectively maintain and manage agile project management tools and processes, including documentation and artifacts
- Create an environment that empowers and energizes team members, with a focus on accountability, adaptability, and collaboration
- Contribute to building a culture where continuous improvement of the agile process is in focus
- Continually seek out ways to enhance agile knowledge and technical expertise
- Manage new product features and enhancements in terms of scope, quality, and schedule within sprint cycles
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- One or more years of experience in an Agile environment; preferably in Scrum
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science (CS), or similar
- 1 or more years of hands on experience with agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.
- 1 or more years as a scrum master, project manager, developer, tester, or business analyst with at least an understanding of technical concepts
- Hold a Certified Scrum Master (CSM), SAFe Scrum Master (SSM), or SAFe Agilist (SA) certification
- Hands-on experience working in Jira and Confluence (or similar Agile PM tools)
- Servant-leader mentality – the scrum master is there to support and drive their scrum teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to give clear direction to the team(s) while delivering comprehensive status to senior leadership as needed
- Provide creative, out of the box solutions to solving challenging problems
- Must have situational awareness and intuition with an understanding of when to listen and when to be assertive
- Not afraid to question existing processes and provide ideas for improvement
- Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and recommend best practices
- Employee benefits: gym & commuter subsidy, referral bonus, healthcare, wellness programs, and 401K plan
- Office Happy Hours
- Quarterly and annual company outing
- Apple equipment