Khan Academy is looking for an exceptional Junior Accountant. Our small team is changing the face of education - join us on our mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
We’re fun, quirky people at heart that come from a variety of backgrounds. Our team includes industry leaders from Google, Apple, Facebook, Microsoft, Pixar, Fog Creek, and tiny startups, as well as people with non-traditional backgrounds who didn’t graduate from college. Together, we’re a small yet strong team, deeply invested in your future.
- Own our day-to-day financial transactions including paying vendors (AP), receiving payments (AR) and expense reporting system
- Process payroll
- Contribute to our monthly closing cycle by recording journal entries and reconciling accounts
- Navigate federal, municipal and state filings
- Assist with the annual audit and tax preparation
- Contribute to other projects, as needed
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent and 1-3+ years of work experience
- Availability to work full time from our office in Mountain View, CA
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities along with a belief that you can learn anything
- Distinctive interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written
- To be motivated by the Khan Academy mission “to provide a free world-class education for anyone, anywhere
- The ability to work full time from our offices in Mountain View, CA.
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Competitive salaries and eligibility for annual bonus
- Ample paid time off as needed – we are about getting things done, not face time
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work on high-impact software and programs that are already defining the future of education
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View
- Awesome team events and weekly board game nights
- The ability to improve real lives
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
HOW TO APPLY
Along with your resume, please include a cover letter that includes why you want to join Khan Academy
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
-What is something you’re passionate about?