The FP&A team drives OpenTable / KAYAK’s entire budget. We partner with the business to provide insights on trends and opportunities developing within the Company as well as the broader overall travel and restaurant industry. The Accounting and Finance organization is made of up highly motivated, high performing individuals who are continually looking to find efficiencies through process improvement and automation. We have a hard-working culture, but also know how to have fun. We enjoy partnering cross functionally and strive for seamless internal and external customer interactions.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of FP&A, the Jr. Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting all budgeting, forecasting, and close related processes but will have lean toward top line modeling. The ideal candidate will excel in planning, reporting, and forecasting basics and a keen desire to learn new methodologies. The position will require collaboration across departments and with your team members daily. Constant improvement and streamlining of processes and reports are expected in order to create more visibility and insights for senior management and cross-functional leaders. The Jr. Financial Analyst will become an expert of the financial planning tool and work closely with product management and systems administrators on continuous improvements. You will also be responsible for recurring analysis and participating in ad hoc analysis as requested by senior leadership.
● Identifying risks and opportunities to help maintain an accurate read on the financial outlook
● Timely and accurate updating of model drivers for forecasting as well as generating daily and weekly results to senior business leaders
● Gaining a detailed understanding of the business systems to support data requests
● Actively participating in new FP&A initiatives, including ad hoc analysis and process improvement
You are numbers-driven, exceptional business partner and communicator, and know how to balance getting the details right while still moving quickly in a results-driven environment. You love rolling up your sleeves and diving into all activities associated with FP&A and financial reporting. You have strong organizational and communication skills. You take initiative and can work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies. You are confident, energetic, and demonstrate good judgment. It is also critical that you have the proven ability to identify process improvements, opportunities for automation, and partner proactively with our system admins on continuous improvements.
● 1+ years of experience in finance or accounting, particularly in mid-size public companies
● BA/BS degree from a 4-year university
● Demonstrated team player with ability to work collaboratively
● Ability to dive into detail, while also keeping the big picture in mind
● High attention to detail
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to develop and deliver presentations
● Experience with planning systems such as Adaptive Insights preferred
● Prior experience with CRM (e.g. Salesforce), ERP (e.g. NetSuite), and enterprise BI (e.g. MicroStrategy) platforms a plus
● Advanced Excel skills required (e.g. pivot tables)
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
● 4 weeks paid vacation
● Day off on your birthday
● Generous retirement plans
● Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
● Flexible Spending Accounts
● No stupid meetings
● Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
● Flexible hours
● Free massages from professional masseuse
● Regular team events/excursions
#LI - BB1
This job has been filled or removed by KAYAK.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Junior Analyst, FP&A job post.✕