Selecta is the largest provider of unattended self-serve coffee and convenience food in Europe, leading the way in vending solutions and specialist coffee services. We are hiring a Junior Buyer to join our team to support the Procurement team with the administration of the department and achieving departmental objectives in support of business strategy. Liaising with key stakeholders and suppliers to ensure day to day interactions are efficient and collaborative.
Selecta operates across 16 countries within Europe, serving 12 million people every day. Within the UK we deliver a national service, relied on and trusted by circa 3,500 businesses to serve tasty beverages and snacks at a variety of locations from workplaces to schools, universities and hospitals and everywhere in-between.
Duties & Responsibilities:
General Responsibilities include:
- Responsibility for the day to day administration & management of a range of smaller suppliers in support of the agreements Selecta has in place with them.
- Ensuring correct supplier set up and ongoing administration of commercial information
- Supporting the monthly rebates calculations, tracking and ensuring timely receipt
- Responsible for managing the ‘Procurement Inbox’ – responding to all enquiries into the team from external & internal sources; actioning & resolving the requests coming into this inbox.
- Liaising with key internal stakeholders to ensure that pricing, supply and specification queries are resolved promptly and permanently.
- Supporting the procurement team, liaising with suppliers and depots on volumes and stock management.
- Working and developing future procurement plans with the procurement team.
Key Tasks & Duties include:
- Procurement Processes
- Sourcing and Negotiation: To assist sourcing and negotiation with suppliers to help achieve a contracted solution that meets the procurement annual savings budget. To ensure all documentation is in place and all parties are briefed at all stages of the scope, development, trade-offs and risks associated with the procured solution.
- Supplier Management:
- Managing the new supplier set up process ensuring suppliers across the business are set up promptly and in compliance to all Selecta process requirements.
- Managing the day-to-day administration for smaller ‘Spare Parts’ suppliers.
- Managing the day-to-day administration of Selecta’s wholesalers to include reviewing product ranges for NPD / delists / pack size changes.
- Regularly reviewing ‘best’ price opportunities between Selecta’s various wholesalers.
- Working closely with the wider procurement team to improve & develop procurement processes.
- Budgetary Control
- Investigating and resolving Finance PPV queries.
- Calculating financial impacts of supplier COGS price changes (increases & decreases).
- Supporting the overall rebates monthly and quarterly processes
- Cross-functional engagement
- To engage with relevant internal stakeholders offering procurement category expertise and best practice to support the deliverance of outstanding levels of customer service.
- Support the business by helping it understand and interpret the contractual arrangements and help prevent risks becoming issues and support dispute resolution.
- Administration and Systems Management
- Completing all required administrative duties for the procurement team.
- To maintain accurate, clear, concise documentation and ensure all actions, logs and registers are complete and accurate with entries being made in a timely fashion.
- Supporting the Product Data Leader in the management of product lifecycles on M3 including maintaining the costs of new and existing SKUs.
- Procurement Standards
- Follow the guidelines & rule within Selecta’s company policies.
- · Strong intermediate MS Excel skills and proficient general IT skills · Excellent communication & interpersonal skills · Self-motivated to complete all tasks to a high level and with close attention to detail · A friendly & professional manner with a calm and focused attitude · To demonstrate: o Strong influencing & negotiation skills with the ability to build trusting relationships & partnerships quickly o Demonstrate commercial acumen o Ability to handle ambiguity effectively, deal with multiple assignments simultaneously and prioritise and organise their work to be able to meet all deadlines o An enquiring mind, able to cut through to identify root causes of any issues and formulate a plan of action to address the causes o Proactive character, able to take the initiative and resolve issues swiftly and effectively o Ability to work with others as an effective, supportive team member o Strong analytical, numerical and planning skills o Ability to explain complex or detailed concepts rationally with facts, figures and other supporting evidence and convince parties with differing views of an agreed way forward · At least 2 years previous experience within a procurement administration role, preferably within a FMCG environment · Experience of working in a service industry with an expectation of high customer service levels
Applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK permanently. Please apply for consideration- we look forward to reviewing your CV.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Selecta UK recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.
- 25 days holiday pa + bank holidays
- Security of 5-weeks paid sick leave
- Development opportunities available and clearly mapped career paths
- You’re supported by a strong leadership team
We look forward to receiving your application!
At this stage we can only accept applications for individuals already living in the UK and with the right to work in the UK. In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Selecta UK recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce, and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.