We are looking for people who are currently experienced in mixed (linux and windows) system administration and networking for multi-region data center operations.
What you'll do:
- Provisioning, configuring, and deploying servers and networks in our data centers around the world
- Managing and troubleshooting our worldwide systems footprint, including networks, VMs, and bare metal machines
- Establishing and implementing best practices for systems management, patching, and upgrades
- Collaborating with colleagues both locally and abroad to ensure uptime and reliability
- Working with our development teams to ensure that deployments are smooth, efficient, and high quality every time
- Rolling out and using new management frameworks to improve our operations processes and capabilities
We use a variety of configuration, deployment, and version control tools to make systems engineering tasks easier. The most well-known of these include Kubernetes for Container orchestration, Ansible for configuration management, Jenkins for deployment, Vault for secrets management, and a combination of Prometheus, Server Density, and Zabbix for monitoring. We also use a number of other tools and are open to adding to the list as needed.
Here are a few items that are the minimum standard for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a reputable school in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, or other technical field
- Linux systems administration experience. Windows experience a plus too.
- Well-versed in running large scale environments
- Like to collaborate with others
- Curious by nature, love to educate and be educated, enthusiastic about the possibilities
We are happy to educate and mentor you in the following areas if you don’t already have exposure:
- Experience working with a cloud provider such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud (GCP) or IBM Cloud (IBM) is highly desirable.
- Container management and monitoring
- Windows system administration
- CICD deployment pipelines, Automation experience and proficiency in shell scripting.
- Distributed databases (Elastic and Mongo)
- Scrum and Kanban
- PCI, ISO, HiTrust, SOC, and other security certifications