42matters.com is a Swiss company operating in the mobile app space. We offer a full suite of products and services for App Market Data and Mobile App Intelligence. Bringing a unique combination of technical and business skills together, we provide our customers with a thorough analysis of the latest developments on the app stores and mobile industry. We are a truly international team, with an innovative and fast-paced company culture.
As a Data Engineer, you are someone who is passionate about processing large data sets. You will be responsible for building and maintaining data pipelines to support our products and our Data Science team. You will contribute to the entire stack, working with DevOps on maintenance and tuning, alongside collaborating with Data Scientists to build applications and algorithms.
To thrive as a member of team 42matters, you must embrace our exciting work-hard, play-hard environment. We're not afraid to move fast and break things as we release, launch, iterate, update and announce; sometimes all in the same day. We're a closely-knit team and, especially at the end of a long day over beers, we feel like we're inventing the future together.
Job type: Full-time
Starting date: As soon as possible
- Write data pipelines to extract, transform and load (ETL) data automatically, using a variety of traditional as well as large-scale distributed technologies.
- Extend and optimize the current system by making the enormous amounts of data accessible for both our data scientists and our products.
- Help to build a reliable, sustainable and scalable data infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- Proficiency in software engineering (especially with Python).
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g. MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Hadoop streaming, Spark).
- Familiar working with relational data stores (e.g. PostgreSQL, Redshift), as well as NoSQL data stores (e.g. Couchbase, MongoDB).
- Basic abilities in DevOps.
- Desire to learn new technologies quickly and be able to identify which tools fit a problem best.
- Ability to work autonomously but also be a strong team player.
- Fluent English.
- Self-motivated, team player comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth start-up environment.
- Master’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- 2+ years of work experience as a data engineer.
- Proficiency in more than one programming language (Java, Python, Bash).
- Strong SQL skills and the ability to write and analyze complex SQL queries.
- Experience designing data models and data warehouses.
- Ability to identify and resolve performance issues.
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS infrastructure.