Vevo is the world’s largest all-premium music video provider, offering artists a global platform with enormous scale through its distribution partners. Vevo connects artists with their audience globally via music videos and original content, working directly with them to find unique ways to bring their music to life visually. Vevo also works with emerging artists, providing them with a platform of global scale and reach, to find and grow their audience. Reaching 26 billion monthly views globally, Vevo has over 400,000 music videos in its catalogue.
We are currently searching for a junior designer to join Vevo’s in-house design team. As part of the wider Content and Programming team, you will assist the design team to create and develop visually engaging assets for Vevo’s premium official videos, original content, social channels and wider business needs. This is a full-time role, based in London. The role sits within the Content and Programming team in the UK, whilst also contributing to the wider global design department. The role will report into the Head of Design, and the VP of Content and Programming in the UK. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, creative, organised and have a passion for music.
Vevo’s Design Team are experts in telling a story using only a single image. Our designers dream in adverts and have an innate passion for type, illustration, photography, and moving image. This team services the needs of our overall Content & Programming team amongst multiple other departments, creating varied work for both our B2B and B2C needs. The marketing assets we create sit at the intersection of a movie poster, album cover, book jacket and, of course, music video.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Create original and templated assets to promote Vevo's original content
- Create engaging marketing content to promote Vevo’s premium content strands
- Work alongside other designers and Head of Design to bring ideas to life. Telling stories in stills, thumbnails, animations and photography
- Work with the wider design team to create wide reaching assets for internal and external functions
- Work with the sales team to ensure presentations are produced to a high standard
- Assist International teams with their social media output
- Work with our insights and learnings team to apply best practice to our design work
This describes you:
- 1+ years professional design experience
- A love for music, music video, trends and culture
- The ability to visually convey a complex narrative in a single image
- You love bringing designs to life with motion
- Typography is life
- Strong communication skills with a high level of interpersonal and presentation skills; the ability to constructively shape conversation
- The ability to manage your time across multiple fast-moving projects
- The ability to generate creative ideas with strong research skills – you need to understand your audience.
Interested? Great! You might like to know:
- We're a fun, energetic, and tight-knit team
- We really enjoy music and technology
- We offer plenty of training opportunities
- We have excellent compensation and benefits packages
- We have premier access to music content and new releases of original media content
- We have a fully stocked kitchen
- We are based in Kings Cross.
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.