Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website and your international transfer is made – to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries and we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators and payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year and is now processing over £3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees and have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products and services for our customers.
Changing the world isn’t easy – so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, and have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain and develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture and how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
Reporting into Tapas Sharma, our Marketing Design Manager, you’ll be helping to produce top-notch creative for a whole range of ambitious and innovative projects: everything from marketing campaigns to customer-facing communications and various internal touchpoints. With guidance from the Marketing Design Manager, you’ll be working with our design team in creating both digital and offline assets that capture the vibrancy of our customers, understand the nuances of our consumer journey and bring to life the spirit of our brand guidelines.
Producing a range of high-quality visual assets and design work that span across our whole brand:
- Working to briefs from the Marketing Design Manager / Marketing team to deliver artwork for a variety of marketing campaigns, ranging from brand awareness and consideration to direct response and engagement
- Delivering creative for a mix of channels including emails, display banner ads, social media, billboards, shop posters and signage, brochures, website and app content, merchandise, as well as material to support internal company requirements
Communicating the design process from start to finish:
- Keeping the requesting teams up to date throughout the design process and giving accurate timelines
- Offering input to creative meetings and sharing ideas, along with pitching new creative solutions to senior staff
- Supporting the Marketing Design Manager, Copywriter and Video Editor to produce
- design and communication assets at your peak creativity
Producing across multiple formats and art working:
- Adapting / Artworking on existing creative and producing against defined digital templates for print, social media platforms and online display
Summary of required experience & attributes
- A diehard creative, who loves to translate key ideas into high impact designs
- A dynamic communicator who’s passionate about their ideas
- Skilled at understanding and demonstrating the different cultural nuances of our customers the world over
- Meticulously detailed – you never miss even the slightest pixel
- Super collaborative and always comfortable receiving constructive feedback
- Hardworking, proactive and self-driven
- A1 – 2 years’ experience working in a similar role in an agency, freelancer capacity or in-house
- An exciting and imaginative portfolio with examples of creatives that demonstrate a strong sense of layout, colour and fonts
- A keen interest in working on motion graphics / 2d animation on After Effects or similar software with a burning desire to take your creatives to the next level
- Experience in delivering both digital and print artwork with an eye for consistency
- A dynamic understanding of the basic principles of creative, design and the creative process
- Proficiency in Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and After Effects)
- A basic understanding of HTML and CSS or another web development platform such as Bannerwise, Bannersnack, Google web designer,etc. would be beneficial
- Bonus: 3D rendering / animation skills
- pro at staying calm under pressure
Start Date: ASAP
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical and dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast and fruit every day and Friday ‘afternoon tea’ drinks and nibbles.
- No formal dress code.