Wachter's greatest asset is the people who work here. Join the Wachter family and chart your career path!
Wachter is accepting applications for a Junior Estimator in Mount Laurel, NJ. The ideal candidate is responsible for pre-sales support, system design, drafting a bill of materials, requesting distributor quotes, organizing pricing of equipment, and applying standard labor components to bids which shall include the following disciplines: Physical Security (IP Video Surveillance, Access Control) and Network Engineering a plus (switch/route wireless). This is Full time Monday- Friday, 8am-5pm.
We seek self-motivated and reliable candidates, who can work independently and find solutions to complete the job. Long-term employment with competitive pay and exceptional benefits for qualified candidates. We value relationships and invest in our employees.
Benefits Package: Company Paid!
- Medical, Dental, Prescription & Vision Benefits
- Life, AD&D, and LTD insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Teladoc & TriaHealth
- Company-Matched 401K and IRA Retirement Savings
- High School diploma is required.
- 2 or 4 year college degree in Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering or MIS a plus.
- A minimum of 0-1 year of experience is required.
- Vendor-specific certifications from manufacturers such as Cisco Certified Network Associate are required (E.G.: CCDA or CCNP is a plus).
- Proficient written and verbal English communication skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals.
- Ability to effectively present technical information to prospects and existing customers, peer employees, and managers.
- Experience in technical and Proposal writing is a plus with an understanding of professional client-facing documents.
- Comfortable acting as a Technical resource for discovery and information gathering for physical security on client calls.
- Excellent customer relationship and communication skills; verbal and written.
- Ability to understand an IP address, subnet mask, and gateway address information.
- Knowledge of components within networking (data switch, router, and firewall). Understanding of network security components and architecture.
- Strong understanding of POE requirements for standards 802.3af, 802.3at and 802.3bt with relation to wireless access points and potential IOT devices (calculation of POE budgets).
- An understanding of wireless communications (802.11G,N,AC&AX) and/or point-to-point wireless communications.
- Self-motivated, able to meet deadlines and maintain quality of work under pressure.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel.
- Good understanding of Cisco and competing network Products including Route/Switch, Wireless APs, Wireless Controllers and Point to Point Wireless communications
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record; no DUI or DWI in the last three years. A current US Passport would be a plus.
- Assist the Systems Engineering and Sales Depts. to develop technical Solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Responsible for Pre-Sales support, System Design, drafting Bill of Materials, requesting distributor quotes, organizing pricing of equipment, and applying standard labor components to bids which shall include the following disciplines: Network Engineering (Route/Switch and Wireless Design).
- Assist with pre-sales opportunities by working with sales engineers to draft proposals.
- Maintain current knowledge of the equipment and technologies he/she supports by attending training provided by the manufacturer.
- Able to determine if additional information is needed to develop a solution that meets the customer's requirements.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- The ability to read and understand RFPs, technical drawings, and technical requirements for IT-focused projects.
- A good methodical approach to tasks, ability, and interests to learn new technologies.
- Will be required to continue to learn new networking solutions (IPV6 WIFI 6 capable products) and as a plus an understanding of SDN, VOIP or ISE.
- Perform any other duties not specifically stated herein, but which your supervisor may assign.
- Maintain the company’s high standard of quality and professionalism with regards to workmanship, customer relations, coworkers, behavior, and appearance.
- Adhere to all required project safety requirements as set forth by Wachter, our customers, or OSHA.
Wachter is a family-owned company since 1930 and we see each employee as a critical piece of the Wachter Family. With over 900 licenses across the country, Wachter serves commercial and industrial clients with the right technologies needed to keep them successful.
We design, install, and maintain the technologies that keep businesses operating efficiently. Our team of dedicated electricians, engineers, and technicians provides electrical, data, security, communications, and automation services to clients in numerous industries.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.