Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- Involvement in the planning, execution, and reporting of experiments focused on optimizing exotic mushroom production and decreasing the carbon footprint of the department
- Maintaining detailed lab log-books pertaining to experiments
- Work closely with lab technicians and fellow researchers to see that experiment schedules are kept on track
- Ensure the success of your team with your diligence, attention to detail and curiosity
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by following Health and Safety legislation and guidelines
- Minimum B.Sc. degree in biological/agricultural sciences, a focus in mycology is a plus
- Some experience in the cultivation of mushrooms and/or knowledge of exotic mushroom cultivation techniques
- Highly self-motivated with an attention to detail
- Statistical analysis skills and experience in a lab setting are a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English - spoken and written; German language skills are a big plus
What we offer:
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Corporate Pension Scheme
- Monthly BVG ticket
- Fresh herbs to take home
- Lunch provided 5 days a week in the Berlin R&D facility
- Coffee, tea, fresh and healthy snacks and Friday drinks!
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.