Here at ClearScore we want to help everyone manage their finances better. We launched in July 2015 and now we have over 7 million global users.
We like to try new things and at our core is a passion for our users’ experience. Because of that we have won multiple awards for innovation, the design of our product and our use of technology. It’s a great start, but we have bold ambitions and that’s why we want you to join us.
If you are a passionate Operations Engineer who wants to join a modern, mature DevOps technology team growing into a leading edge NoOps organisation, then we would love to talk to you. We are expanding fast and globally, and are scaling our systems to keep ahead of that growth. As an Operations Engineer in our small and dynamic SRE team you will ensure smooth operation of our global platform, keep it robust, performant and secure and help the wider technology team embrace the ‘You build it you run it’ engineering culture. You will help engineers in other teams make best use of our distributed platform and make sure services powering ClearScore are running and evolving smoothly. You will help automate solutions to common issues and help build new Platform features that let ClearScore deliver scalable software at pace.
What we would love you to have...
- Interest in Linux system engineering and site reliability engineering, or a background in software engineering – as long as you’re passionate about technology and how computers work
- Skills in scripting and automation, ideally using Go or Python
- Understanding of core networking concepts, web service and DNS configuration
- A very good practical understanding of development and deployment pipelines
- Exposure to core AWS or other cloud services (Compute, Storage, Networking, Security etc)
- Experience working in an agile team and a strong sense of ownership
- Understanding of building distributed platforms in the cloud, microservices and orchestration (preferably Kubernetes).
- Some knowledge on managing databases, both SQL (preferably Postgres), non-SQL backing services (e.g. Elastic Search) and messaging systems
- Experience building resilient monitoring solutions to support business-critical systems
- Willingness to participate in a compensated on-call rota.
Our offices are in Vauxhall, a short walk from both Oval and Vauxhall stations, and we enjoy perks like free breakfasts, monthly office days out and a loads of sporting activities.
We’re a sociable bunch, and we enjoy each other’s company. So it’s important that you’re a great fit for our company culture. These are some of the things we look for:
- Friendly people who like to join in
- Data driven but able to make judgment calls when necessary
- Pride in the work you do and everything you get involved with
- Independent thinking, and not being afraid to suggest new ideas
- Obsession with your craft, down to the smallest detail
- Holidays – 25 paid holidays and a “duvet day” on your birthday
- Great offices in Lambeth with showers, space for bikes and a we are building courtyard with BBQ
- Pension – ClearScore matches up to 3%
- Medical Insurance
- Perk box – a choice of different benefit
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home
- Free breakfast and fruit……and a beer fridge
- Company personal trainer and boxing classes, plus we play football every week
- Monthly company events and office days out that we get to pick.