BuzzFeed is looking for a savvy digital strategist to help manage the publishing, promotion, and distribution of pop culture and lifestyle content. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of BuzzFeed.com, and be familiar with curating content on mobile and desktop platforms, creating publishing schedules, and using data to identify trends and new publishing strategies.
The position is based in our NYC office, and we offer competitive compensation, benefits, and an employee stock option program. Not to mention — a super-collaborative, fun, and creative work environment.
- Help manage day-to-day publishing for team that focuses on pop-culture & lifestyle content.
- Use data reports to identify areas of growth and development.
- Coordinate coverage with BuzzFeed’s other editorial teams and outlets.
- Help with general editorial calendars and operations.
- Help oversee editorial workflow and process, tracking major cultural events, new initiatives, and special projects.
- Provide support to Publishing & Strategy leads to coordinate large-scale programs and features as we continue to grow.
- 2-3 years experience at a startup or other online publication, preferably with some experience with publishing schedules and using a content management system.
- Must possess very strong analytic, strategic problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Understanding of basic data and traffic metrics.
- Experience writing or editing for an online publication or social media platform.
- Sense of humor, emotional intelligence, and patience.
- The ability to take the perspective of others.
- A positive, curious, playful disposition
- No haters!