About Sumo Sheffield
With a rich history of developing multiple AAA franchises such as Little Big Planet and Crackdown, as well as contributing to genre-defining titles like the Forza Motorsport and Hitman series, Sumo Sheffield’s vast development experience spans multiple genres and platforms.
As winners of the TIGA Star Employment Award for 2021, recipients of the GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work Award and listed as one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to Work for in 2021 and 2022, Sumo Digital has enjoyed 20 years of stability and growth since its formation in 2003 and continues to strive for excellence across every single project.
The team have a track record of working on some of the world's biggest and best games and received two BAFTAs for their work on Sackboy: A Big Adventure. As the scale and exclusivity of projects continues to grow, there’s never been a more exciting time to join the Sumo Sheffield family!
The Role @ Sumo Sheffield
We are looking for a Junior Technical Support Analyst to join our IT Support Team. This role reports to the IT Customer Support Lead onsite at the Sheffield Studio but works closely with the wider Sumo Group IT.
As this is a junior role, it is expected that the successful candidate will have limited previous experience but will be extremely keen to learn.
Responsibilities will include providing IT support to the Sheffield studio and the wider Sumo group. The role offers excellent potential for further training and the opportunity to work in a highly creative and fast-paced videogame development studio.
The role may involve out-of-hours support if required; this is primarily an onsite, office-based position. All training will be provided alongside ongoing support.
In your new role you will:
- Be one of the primary points of contact for the local Sheffield studio as well as the wider Sumo group for IT issues. Support agreed service levels, standards, and processes from the centralized IT Helpdesk. This is to be done both in person and remotely as required.
- Process IT ticket service requests and incidents to keep users informed about their incidents' status at agreed intervals.
- Investigating, diagnosing, and solving computer software and hardware faults
- Provide desktop, laptop, and possible mobile device support.
- Register and classify received incidents and undertake an immediate effort to restore a failed IT service as quickly as possible. If no ad-hoc solution can be achieved, transfer the Incident to a senior member or the team leader.
- Set up and configure new authorised end-user devices. Install authorized software in the devices where applicable.
- Escalate issues which are beyond the employees' capabilities, or resource capacity, to senior resources in an effective manner to optimize the quality of service provided.
- Identify and take part in initiatives to improve the quality of the technological service.
- Ensure security and upgrades are applied to authorised end-user devices and kept up to date.
- Document and maintain all logs for equipment and users within the IT Asset Management system.
- Provide the best end-user experience and outstanding support to all internal and external users.
- User account management using resources such as Active Directory.
- Participation in team meetings and projects that enhance the quality of IT throughout the business.
- Tackle any other additional responsibilities as requested by senior management.
What we offer:
. Defined Annual Bonus Scheme
. ULEV car scheme
. Monthly allowance to spend on enhancing benefits
. Salary Sacrifice Pension
. Flexible Working
. 21 days free-use holiday
+ your birthday off
+ 5 learning days including 1 volunteer day
+ a duvet day
+ Christmas shutdown from Christmas Eve to New Year
+ Bank Holidays
+ extra allowance accrued for longer service
. Free dental insurance
. Life Assurance 4x Salary
. Income Protection of 75% for 5 years
. Enhanced Mat/Paternity & Adoption pay
. Employee Assistance Programme:
. Help at Hand - Remote GP, Mental Health & Physio appointments
. Free financial & home buying support consultations
. Cycle to Work Scheme
. Payroll Giving Scheme
. Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses
. Career Development Pathway
. Wrap Parties.
. Project Completion Awards
. Game/Creative Jams
. Big Family Events
. Studio social activities, e.g. running, board games, film, yoga, life drawing…
. Prism – Sumo’s employee diversity focus group
. Free fruit and drinks in our studios
. Employee Referral Bonus
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo, we want to enable everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work every single day. We acknowledge that the games industry is far from perfect and a global organisation with people all over the world, from all kinds of backgrounds, we know it’s part of our duty to provide everyone at Sumo with a safe, accepting and affirming working environment. We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
More about Sumo Sheffield
Sumo Sheffield is located just outside the city centre in Sumo Digital’s HQ, just off J34 on the M1 and a stone’s throw from the city’s primary shopping and leisure complex. With a multi-building campus comprised of industry-leading facilities, an onsite gym and subsidised canteen, Sumo Sheffield provides everything needed for all teams to create the world’s best games.
Sheffield is the fifth largest city in the UK and is easily accessible by road and rail from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. The city enjoys a wealth of facilities to suit a wide array of interests, including:
o World-class sports facilities
o Iconic theatres and galleries
o Multiple retail and shopping experiences
o Diverse and renowned restaurants and eateries
o The award-winning National Video Game Museum
More about Sumo Digital
Sumo Digital is an award-winning international family of studios. Recent releases from Sumo Digital studios include: BAFTA-Award winning Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Control Ultimate Edition on Google Stadia, Apple Arcade Award-winning Little Orpheus, Hot Shot Racing, WST Snooker and Spyder.