Eating plants is the most impactful way to reduce your environmental footprint, so our mission is to inspire the planet to eat more plants, combining exciting flavours and delightful convenience. We’ve already served over a million meals to homes all over the UK, subscribing for an easier way to enjoy healthy plant-based living. Our plans for 2020 and beyond are as exciting as they are delicious - with big growth plans involving both new products and new distribution.
Founded in 2016 by food-lovers JP
is an award-winning startup on a mission to accelerate the advent of a sustainable planet by building Earth’s most forward-thinking food company. Though our team of +100 usually cook, operate and create out of our HQ in Blackhorse Road, London
, currently only our Production team is housed there while our office team work remotely. We are one of only a handful of VC-backed B-Corp
s dedicated to leveraging venture-building growth principles in order to help solve the climate crisis.
We are proudly a London Living Wage employer!
We are proudly a B-corp, considering planet and people alongside profit.
*No recruiters please
Our production team guarantees that every single allplants meal is carefully cooked, platted, frozen and shipped off to the homes of our customers.
This role is to join our brand new Night Shift. As a part of this new step in the allplants journey, you will be dealing with challenges along the way and adapting to the needs of the team, always with the help of your Line Manager.
You will be working in a state of the art facility. Your duties will involve all areas of our production and include tasks such as:
-Plating our meals
-Completing deep-cleaning tasks
You will report directly to the shift manager.
This role is one part of our larger production team of chefs, kitchen porters, warehouse assistants, platers and mixers working together to inspire the world to eat more plants.
You will have the opportunity to learn from the best and plenty of chances to grow within the business. We believe in supporting our team by helping them achieve more and adapting to their growth.
The salary for this role is based on our internal framework and is £21,000 to £24,000 depending on experience, plus night shift allowance.
What you’ll need:
We’re open-minded and believe smart driven people can learn fast. You’ll be a great fit here if you have:
- An adaptable spirit and strong problem-solving skills
- Great attention to detail and a strong sense of responsibility
- The ability and drive to bring energy and enthusiasm into repetitive tasks
- Willingness to adapt to new processes, and always look to improve
- A sincere belief in the allplants mission and a vision for how this fits into our culture
- An itch to make positive changes and make our world a better place
- A sense of humour, high energy, and passion for a healthier plant-powered future
- The ability to take risks, make mistakes and grow from them
- A love for feedback that helps you improve
Nice to haves:
- Experience working night shifts
- Experience working in a production environment which manufactures ready meals
- Experience working with plant-based products would be great, but in no way needed
The qualifications and experiences above are a guide and we’d still love to hear from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
- Be part of a business with an impact and purpose (we’re also a certified B-Corp!), using commerciality to better serve people & planet
- 32 days holiday (we do not include bank holidays for inclusivity and flexibility), flexible working arrangements, pension plan and stock options from day one
- Healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks every day, and lots of allplants tastings(!) from our exceptional in-house cheffing team
- Collaborative, purpose-built office in Blackhorse Road, on the Victoria line
- A dog-friendly office with cute pooches
- Quarterly socials (we love a good party!) and weekly staff-led activities (football club, netball league and PT sessions in the park)
Do I need to be vegan to work here?
No, you don’t! We’re an open-minded bunch and welcome all diets from plant curious to raw foodist, as long as you resonate with our mission to inspire people to eat more plants!
Where are you based?
Our office, The Greenhouse, is based about 10-minute walk from Blackhorse Road station on the Victoria Line.
However, at the moment our office based staff are working remotely.
What are your working hours?
This varies between teams (for instance our chefs work in shifts which cover from 6am to 10pm, and our new nightshift will be structured to run for 8 hours across the evening) but our standard office hours are 9am-6pm, Monday to Friday. We embrace flexible working and adopt a ‘core hours’ model which is implemented differently from team-to-team.
How can I contact if I have more questions?
a fair chance
Every role in the allplants team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, well, you.
More than just encouraging your application, we're committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope) cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It’s this philosophy that drove us to contribute to a better world through our allplants purpose and mission, and we open our doors to those who share these motivations.