ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are currently seeking to recruit a talented and self-motivated KYC/AML specialist to join our team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a great team of professionals, working with international clients in Regulated Payments department.
- Manages the administration of the initial on-boarding and ongoing operational merchant due diligence and compliance
- Undertakes due diligence procedures for the onboarding of clients (KYC)
- Ensures merchants are on-boarded according to the Company’s policies and procedures
- Responsible for the process of the applications for the opening of new client accounts into the company’s systems for the Purpose of ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC)
- Liaises with clients to request, gather, and check completeness of all merchant due diligence data, information and/or documentation required as per Company Procedures
- Verifies the data, documentation / information for purpose of including checks of merchant incorporation status via company house/company registrar, regulators, specialist databases and public access databases
- Manages the identification of significant controllers and beneficial owners
- Identifies and verifies that merchants hold appropriate licensing to operate in their stated industry sectors, particularly those that are sensitive to AML/CFT risks, which may include but is not limited to: licensing status; geographical location and regulatory limitations or enforcement, sanctions imposed and politically exposed persons in control; Industry type; business credibility
- Ensures client status recorded is up to date throughout the client lifecycle from on-boarding through to termination
- Performs the periodic KYC reviews of client accounts
- Amends existing clients accounts in compliance systems
- Updates clients’ records in compliance folders
- Receives and reviews documents and handle filing administration
- Communicates with and supports other departments
- Undertakes any additional or other compliance related duties in accordance with the duties of the Compliance function and the Compliance business
- A relevant degree in Law, Finance, or similar is necessary
- Interest in Financial Services and understanding of financial crime risks including: money laundering; terrorist financing, fraud or scams
- Experience in client on-boarding, KYC / customer due diligence
- Solid analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- Time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with other departments within the Company or externally with our clients and business partners
Convenient work tools
Latest Mac workplaces + additional hardware to make you more effective at work
Google Chat, Gmail, Google Drive, Confluence, Jira, GitLab
Free trainings and participation in specialized conferences
Rich knowledge exchange within the company
Health insurance (Medical, dental and optical)- Employee and dependants
Flexible hours: organize your day according to your needs and sprint & teamwork demands
No dress code
Comfortable and new office environment
Xsolla is a global video game commerce company with a robust and powerful set of tools and services designed specifically for the video game industry. Since its founding in 2005, Xsolla has helped thousands of game developers and publishers of all sizes fund, market, launch and monetize their games globally and across multiple platforms. As an innovative leader in in-game commerce, Xsolla’s mission is to solve the inherent complexities of global distribution, marketing, and monetization to help our partners reach more geographies, generate more revenue and create relationships with gamers worldwide. Xsolla is headquartered and incorporated in Los Angeles, California, with offices in Berlin, Seoul, and cities worldwide. Xsolla supports major gaming titles like Valve, Twitch, Roblox, Ubisoft, Epic Games, Take-Two, KRAFTON, Nexters, NetEase, Playstudios, Playrix, miHoYo, and more.
For additional information and to learn more, please visit xsolla.com
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization can achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive. Xsolla KL Sdn Bhd takes your privacy very seriously, and will not sell or externally distribute any data received during the hiring process. Pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”), Xsolla KL Sdn Bhd is mindful and committed to the protection of your personal information and your privacy. For more information related to PDPA 2010 please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Longevity Opportunity Vision Enjoy the game.
**Currently this position is open to all local applicants (Malaysian Citizen) or holding the PR status in Malaysia.