Joining Tipalti means you're stepping onto a fintech unicorn rocketship pointed towards greatness. We're the financial execution experts powering high-velocity companies and eliminating the pain in payables. Tipalti eliminates up to 80% of the payables workload for finance and accounting departments. Our AI-driven technology does the work no one wants to do, and we do it better than anyone.
We are looking for an experienced KYC Manager to join our Compliance team in San Mateo. The ideal candidate will play an integral part in the onboarding process of all customer relationships. The KYC Manager is responsible for supporting onboarding operations by ensuring the enactment of guidelines, procedures and training protocols to address compliance requirements using industry standard and regulatory guidance in relation to all US regulations.
- Support oversight of Tipalti’s KYC Program by staying up to date on all policies and applicable laws
- Serve as the main point of contact for all KYC compliance matters and build relationships with other departments. Clarify requirements and negotiate with internal departments on Compliance’s behalf where required
- Monitor and report on the Tipalti’s system of internal controls to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Produce regulatory compliance performance reports for management/board, including trend analysis and recommended strategies.
- Act as the escalation point for KYC related matters
- Create training materials for the business and consult with the business to develop corrective actions
- Work with the Compliance Management to respond to audits and regulatory assessments and remediate any issues identified from report findings
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 7+ years of compliance experience preferably in KYC/AML and interpretation of complex business models
- Sound understanding of AML/CTF laws, regulations and best practices
- A sense of urgency and aptitude for multi-tasking, quickly identifying issues and escalating to the appropriate level for resolution
- Great problem-solving skills, and the ability to deliver results proactively, resourcefully, and methodically
- Strong writing, research, and analysis skills; capability to document relevant information in a clear, structured and comprehensive way
- Familiarity with Google and Microsoft products
- Excellent team player with strong work ethic
- Successful as self-starter and in team environments
- Strong interpersonal communication and emotional intelligence
- Communicates in a clear, accurate, persuasive and confident manner
- An ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Active CAMS certification desired but not required
Companies like Twitch, Twitter, GoDaddy, and Roblox entrust Tipalti to activate their business models and dramatically reduce AP friction. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, we're a well-funded startup with a multi-billion dollar valuation.
But beyond the technology and impressive growth, what fuels us is a commitment to our customers. We work hard for our 99% customer retention built on trust and reliability. Tipalti means "We handled it," an aesthetic our customers know we deliver consistently.
Around personal growth and wellness, Tipalti oﬀers competitive benefits, a flexible workplace, career coaching, and an environment where you be an impact player and thrive! Our culture ensures everyone checks their egos at the door and stands ready to reach success together. We also dedicate ourselves to diversity and equal opportunity for all.