The Lab Manager will be responsible for the operation, performance and compliance of one of the high throughput DNA sequencing facility at Helix. The successful candidate will manage day-to-day operations and drive continuous improvement in what will be one of the largest genomics facilities in the world.
Follow and adhere to all procedures and processes required for work performed within a CLIA and CAP accredited lab performing high throughput genetic testing by NGS.Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of laboratory personnel, including assigning and overseeing work, training and development, interviewing, hiring and firing; approving time and expense; and performance management.
- Drive continuous quality improvement through coaching and mentoring laboratory personnel to maintain high level of scientific and technical ability.
- Manage production to ensure on-time delivery of services according to internal and external customers program needs.
- Review and approve the deviations as necessary to ensure proper documentation under appropriate regulation.
- Revise and write applicable SOPs as needed.
- Manage team to ensure that service quality is maintained in line with current SOPs and market and regulatory needs as appropriate, and ensure timely communication with stakeholders.
- Lead by corporate values and foster an environment of commitment, engagement and ownership by all team members.
- Evaluate, develop, and implement process improvements to drive efficiency gains, while maintaining highest quality levels.
- Investigate daily operational problems with processes and equipment, make recommendations for resolution, and ensure accuracy and timeliness of approved implementation plan.
- Ensure that all pertinent company health, safety, and environmental programs are adhered to and documentation is maintained.
- PhD in biological, chemical, or laboratory science (or equivalent) with minimum of 2 years of experience in a CLIA lab; MSc with minimum of 4 years of experience; or BS with minimum of 6 years of experience in laboratory compliance environment.
- Knowledge of CLIA and CAP compliance and other applicable regulatory standards, as well as relevant guidance documents and white papers.
- Must have a proven track record of leading high performing teams in a fast-paced, high throughput environment.
- Demonstrates skills and high level of attention to detail in technical data interpretation and ability to troubleshoot.
- Strong communication skills, in both verbal and written formats.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, and general working knowledge of Internet for business use.