Vium empowers biomedical investigators with technology that accelerates the preclinical drug discovery and development pipeline. Researchers can design, run, and analyze experiments that rapidly surface insights and high volumes of quality data. The platform improves the speed and reproducibility of preclinical research so that it is more predictive of how drugs perform in humans. The result is that better therapies get moved more quickly to patients who need them. Founded in 2013, we have a proven product, an awesome team, happy clients, smart investors and advisors, and plans to double in 2016 and beyond. Want to use your experience to help save lives? Here’s the chance for you to make this a reality.
Seeking an Animal Care Technician to perform complex animal work involved in the husbandry, health monitoring, and treatment of laboratory rodents. Directly responsible for activities required for the proper care and maintenance of the animals. The candidate should be comfortable utilizing technology as a part of their daily workflow.
Meaningful Things You’ll Do:
- Perform routine animal husbandry, including such as feeding, watering, and cage cleaning
- General maintenance in animal and procedure rooms.
- Perform daily animal health checks, as well as monitoring and examinations in support of studies.
- Independently observe, record, and report atypical findings of the environment, and animal health or behavior. These observations are to include but are not limited to sick animals, maintenance problems, safety and hazards.
- Assist in performing animal health and technical experimental procedures as directed.
- Animal receipt and quarantine.
- Sanitize all animal care equipment.
- Keep assigned work areas stocked with supplies.
- Waste removal and disposal.
- Participate in tasks related to rodent health surveillance program (including euthanasia, specimen collection, and sample submission).
- Maintain accurate and detailed facility, husbandry, and animal health records (including electronic records) as directed.
- Recommend changes in operational procedures and workflow that might increase the efficiency or effectiveness of work practices, or improve animal welfare.
- Work with Mousera team in developing an advanced technology platform.
- Provide weekend/holiday coverage on a rotational basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Must have 1-3 years equivalent experience.
- Certification by the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science as a Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT) is preferred.
- Solid experience in the care, handling, and treatment of laboratory animals, including broad skills in husbandry, breeding procedures, and record-keeping.
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, and equipment used in animal care and research.
- Must be able to proficiently perform basic rodent husbandry procedures and utilize electronic medical records.
- Ability to function independently as well as part of the team.
More About Our Culture:
We’re a group of talented individuals across multiple disciplines, coming together to deliver great engineering!
- Say what we’ll do and then do it. As a small team, we’ve accomplished an incredible amount in a short time.
- Are technical polymaths. If it’s technical, we either know about it or want to learn about it.
- Have a wide range of interests, which is why we’re in this company in the first place.
- Work in the office as much as is necessary, but are focused on results more than hours-in-a-chair-at-the-office.
- Are focused on making serious progress while acknowledging and paying for technical debt.
What We Offer:
- Good salaries and good benefits. Who doesn’t want that?
- Stock options
- Catered lunch most days and fully stocked kitchen
- Flexible work hours and Friday demo days/happy hours
- Relaxed office in San Mateo and flexible work hours
- Company offsites and retreats including a whole week in the summer when we close up shop and go on vacation
Our corporate office is in San Mateo and the remote-controlled lab is in the South bay.