- Ensuring compliance with all accrediting agency requirements
- Monitoring testing to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained
- Aligning laboratory projects and processes towards meeting company-wide goals
- Analyzing needs for new equipment and assessing efficacy of proposed instrument acquisitions
- Analyzing requests for new tests
- Assuring that all remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications;
- In the event of non-conformance's, ensuring that results of test examinations are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is properly functioning
- Ensuring adequacy of training and competency assessment protocols in the labs
- Annually evaluating and documenting the performance of all testing personnel
- Reviewing Proficiency testing performance
- Reviewing and releasing of results as needed
- Serve as a mentor to laboratory staff
- Promote interdepartmental cooperation toward meeting company wide goals
- Partner with laboratory operations director to promote a culture of trust and transparency and drive strategic initiatives
- Working knowledge of Document Control system
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Programs
- Thorough understanding of CLIA, CAP, NYS regulatory requirements
- Previous supervisory experience
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to complete physical aspects of position
- Bachelor degree in Medical Technology or chemical, biological or physical science plus two year’s subsequent clinical laboratory experience
- Minimum of three years subsequent clinical laboratory experience within the relevant specialty
Candidates currently within a commutable distance of Lancaster PA are encourage to apply. Position is Full Time Monday - Friday,8am - 5pm.
What we offer:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job is not available anymore...
This job has been filled or removed by Eurofins.
... but we can help you!
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Laboratory Manager job post.