Job Location: Dublin, Ireland
Job Posting Date: September 14, 2020 through September 21, 2020
Airbnb is a community built on trust and we are looking for a Law Enforcement Response Associate to build on our LE response to agencies across the Globe. This individual should be committed to protecting user data while ensuring our community remains a trustworthy environment.
The Law Enforcement Response Team keeps your personal data safe, identifies threats to the community and takes appropriate action. Our work takes a unique blend of vigilance, ingenuity, adaptability, and empathy.
Are you interested in working alongside our Trust and Safety, Legal, Public Policy and Communications teams, as well as collaborating globally with other cross-functional partners to provide world-class support to a high functioning team? We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and personable candidate to respond to a range of key officials and Government agencies, driving strategic safety efforts and coordinating enforcement responses with law enforcement in the region.
Experience and skills
- 2 to 4+ years of relevant experience in operations, investigative or analytical roles
- Experience working with policing agencies, data protection authorities and financial institutions
- Knowledge and experience related to data protection legislation and online investigations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of SQL and an interest in learning more
- Ability to manage and prioritise large ticket volumes
- Confidence engaging with law enforcement at all levels
- A self starter who enjoys working in an operational, rapidly changing environment
- Flexibility and willingness to work off hours, including weekends and occasionally holidays, in order to support emergency matters and interact with company employees based globally
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to requests from law enforcement and government authorities in EMEA and assisting the other regions (US/APAC)
- Investigate, track, analyze and accurately respond to a variety of legal requests for user data working directly with law enforcement authorities, government agencies and court officials
- Review and assess requests related to critical safety incidents, emergency and emergency-in-progress situations that require timely and accurate response and engagement with Law Enforcement in order to keep our community safe
- Work closely with Legal teams on response to law enforcement authorities, regulators and legislators requests for user data
- Work with Airbnb Trust and Safety teams to develop and refer relevant matters to law enforcement authorities
- Ability to demonstrate excellent judgement and provide recommendations on the best course of action for responding to requests
- Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- Work with cross-functional teams to drive development and execution of policies relating to keeping the community safe and engaging with Law Enforcement
- Active championship of Airbnb’s mission, ethics and integrity, including by helping protect the company from risk, complying with all applicable regulations and procedures, and reinforcing Airbnb’s values
Schedule: Tuesday to Saturday - 9 am to 6 pm / Sunday to Thursday - 9 am to 6 pm
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.