Q is building an operating system for the built world, backed by a comprehensive technology and service platform. Today, hundreds of companies in four cities trust Q to make their offices run better. We handle everything from catering to IT, to cleaning, plumbing, and office supply management. In short, we make it easy to run an office.
We also believe that creating good jobs is fundamental to our success. We treat all of our employees well — from software engineers to office cleaners. We know that 5-star service comes from talented, motivated people.
Q is looking for a leader to guide the largest account management team based in NYC. You will be in charge of building and leading a first-class team, driving product and service improvements to create the most value for our customers, and developing an incredibly strong brand for Q in NYC.
As a leader, you thrive on removing roadblocks for your reports, developing them to achieve their highest potential, and guide them in establishing the best customer relationships. You lead by example and people are inspired by your management style. You praise when it’s earned and you deliver feedback when necessary. You’re not afraid to have the right conversations that make us all better at our jobs.
You will be empowered to foster change and creativity at Q. You’re always thinking of how to create the best environment for your team and to deliver the best quality service for our clients.
- You are incredibly customer-centric. Adding value for your clients is your north star. Helping others makes you happy, even when situations aren’t so easy. You persist to create the best experience possible while staying calm under pressure in less than ideal situations.
- You are a strong communicator. You’re not afraid to make a service recommendation or have tough conversations with a client (in person, by email or over the phone) because you know that you have their best interests at heart. You know how to read clients and understand their actual needs even when they may not understand them. You know how to articulate your thoughts in a respectful way and you get that respect in return.
- You’re a passionate leader. You want to set a high bar by example, and you are passionate about bringing out the best in your team.
- You dream big. You never settle for mediocrity and constantly embrace change and new challenges because you know it will make you better. You’re always looking to create a better experience for your clients and for your team.
- You work hard. You understand that great things never come easy and you’re okay with that. You drive a culture of excellence from your team and reward great work.
- You want to build something big. You’re in this role for a reason, you want to contribute to something big. Whether you’re improving things on a small scale or making suggestions to the leadership team, you want to be part of this rocket ship in a meaningful way.
- Be responsible for overall success and experience of our clients by overseeing onboarding and managing escalations and churn, managing key accounts as needed
- Develop and drive operational improvement projects and work with product team to create both interim and productized solutions
- Design and implement new processes, facilitate team training, and follow through on adherence
- Lead and train a growing team of account managers in New York and oversee day-to-day team operations
- Work with leadership to create measurable goals and KPIs for the team and your account managers to deliver
- Innovate ways to constantly improve operations for Q and its clients
- Develop creative solutions for clients needs to strengthen engagement and deliver more value
- 3+ years client-facing work experience (B2B or similar experience preferred)
- Proven track record building or leading a successful, happy team
- Experience in a high growth technology startup strongly preferred
- An entrepreneurial spirit, with an incredible drive to improve the status quo
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Salesforce proficiency a huge bonus
- Cool under pressure, every time
- Ground floor opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in the world
- Competitive salary
- Generous Stock Options
- 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something BIG