As a Lead App UI Software Engineer on the Digital Cockpit HMI team, you will be an early member of a world class team responsible for creating the in-car user facing experience. We seek candidates that can craft exceptional app UIs that are simple, intuitive, dynamic, and exhibit flair and originality. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with creativity, vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, and be excellent at multi-tasking. You will need strong generalist software engineering skills, excellent interpersonal communication, and you will need to be able to collaborate effectively with our design team and platform developers.
· Rapid prototyping of in-car customer experiences.
· Design, code, and debug UI interfaces/architectures.
· Integrate homegrown and 3rd party frameworks and services.
· Work with a cross-functional team of designers, application/UI software engineers, hardware engineers, and QA.
· Occasional international travel.
· BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or the equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
· A minimum of 5 years of industry experience in software development.
· Proficient in C and C++.
· Proficient in Java/Android.
· Familiarity with Linux.
· Excellent grasp of fundamental computer science concepts (data structures, concurrency, algorithms, OOP, design patterns).
· Experience writing and shipping customer-facing code.
· Passion for product excellence and quality.
· Willingness to learn new technologies in any area of the stack: UI, Rendering Core, Protocols, Server.
· Comfortable working with both in-house components but also 3rd party components.
· High standards for code quality, maintainability, and performance.
· Experience building state-of-the-art user interfaces and/or acclaimed consumer-facing applications.
· Smart but humble, with a bias for action.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Experience with automotive infotainment systems, but not required.
· Experience with QNX and/or Qt.
· Experience developing games, whether mobile or console. 3D a plus.
· Experience developing a Media Player or Streaming Music Service.
· Experience developing a Maps and Navigation app.
· Experience developing a Voice Recognition or Natural Language Understanding app.
· Experience developing a Communications app (voice, video, webRTC, etc).
· Experience with REACT.
· Experience working with an Agile development process.
This job has been filled or removed by NextEV.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Lead App UI Engineer - Android Developer job post.