Who We Are
Mayvenn is a leading tech-based beauty product and service platform specializing in high quality hair extensions. Based in Emeryville, CA, we are the #1, nationwide digital salon brand, partnering with independent stylists across the country to provide customers online booking for salon services and Mayvenn brand hair products. Mayvenn is partnering with the largest retailer in America to launch our first Retail Experience location, which has the opportunity to be expanded nationwide across hundreds of locations.
We are seeking a dynamic Lead Beauty Expert to join the team at our first, state of the art retail experience focused on hair extensions located in Katy, TX. This person will be an integral leader in shaping the future of The Mayvenn Retail Experience, and help assist the General Manager by overseeing the team members, resolving customer questions and complaints, and enhancing productivity and performance. This is a unique opportunity to shape a first of its kind beauty experience. The Lead Beauty Expert will report directly to the General Manager.
What You Will Do
- Assist General Manager with planning and implementing strategies to attract customers
- Track the progress of weekly and monthly, quarterly, and annual objectives
- Supervise the performance of our Beauty Expert team
- Assist with training the Beauty Expert team according to Mayvenn standards, policy, and procedures
- Execution of daily operations, scheduling, marketing, and other company objectives.
- Lead by example in engaging with customers, assisting with any issues to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction, and team morale including but not limited to internal/external escalations.
- Conduct regular store audits to ensure the store is presentable and functional
- Maintain a solid understanding of company products and services, as well as current promotions and marketing efforts
- Gather necessary information to solve problems and adequately meet customer needs
- Monitor inventory based on demands
- Collaborate with the Beauty Expert team to ensure a best in class experience for each and every one of our customers.
- Place and fulfill orders for customer
- Ensure proper presentation of products, and that shelves are clean and sanitized
- Open and close the store
- Attend all scheduled meetings
Who You Are
- Effectively listens to others and shows respect for others opinion
- Extensive knowledge of hair extensions at a level to properly advise clients through the selection process
- 3+ years of beauty retail experience, specifically in a client-facing, consultative function
- 2+ years of operational management experience
- 2+ years experience working in a service-oriented business.·
- Strong level of technical proficiency, solid understanding of key operational performance metrics.
- An ambitious self-starter who acts with a sense of urgency, an innate problem solver.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Trained hair knowledge/Cosmetology experience a plus
- 100% Company Paid Medical (100% EE/50% DEP)
- 80% Company Paid Dental/Vision
- 100% Company Paid Basic Life/AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability
- 401k Matching
- FSA Options
- Paid Time Off/Company Paid Holidays