Afterpay has transformed the way people pay by allowing shoppers to receive products immediately and pay in four simple installments over a short period of time. The service is completely free for customers who pay on time - helping consumers spend money responsibly, without incurring interest, fees or revolving and extended debt. Afterpay is offered by more than 55,400 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. The solution is currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom where it is called Clearpay. Afterpay is evolving quickly and is on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay and an employer of choice. We are on a rocketship most days so if you are up for a challenge, like the notion of joining a business with big dreams and love being part of a high performing team then please grab a ticket and contact us today.
As we continue to rapidly expand our business here at Afterpay, a new opportunity has been created for a Lead BI Data Engineer in our Risk and Analytics team. The ideal candidate will have rich experience in data processing and problem-solving skills, as well as interpersonal skills to work across the organization to drive forward recommendations.
This position will be based in our newly setup Shanghai Technology Center.
· Responsible for design, development and deliver enterprise analytical data platform, that is able to ingest and transform data at huge scale coming from many different sources, different customers, and in many different varieties.
· Responsible for analytical datamarts modeling & has knowledge on sourcing data.
· Roll out a data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality through standards, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture.
· Develop collaborative relationships with key business sponsors and IT resources for the efficient resolution of work requests.
· Contribute to the development of analytical frameworks, tools, and skills.
· Master degree or above in Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields.
· 6-10 years of working experience involving data warehouse building, preferably with data modeling and data product experience
· Strong software programming skills and familiar with at least one programming language. Experience with SQL, Python, Big Data. Experience with near real time data streaming is a good plus.
· Good communication skills; ability to simplify and present complex analytical concepts to audience from multi background.
· Fluency in English, both written and oral.
· Knowledge of E-commerce, online payment and mobile a is a strong plus.