At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
- Design and develop our core robotics control software in modern C++, including on-board software and operations control software.
- Provide technical leadership in the evaluation and implementation of technologies, collaborating with other teams as a systems engineer for greater effectiveness.
- Contribute to the maintenance, testing, and deployment of our robots.
- Contribute to the development of our human–robot interfaces.
- Contribute to the development of safety-critical solutions.
- Hardware experience in one or more areas: electro-mechanical systems (motor drives, sensors), cameras, ASICs, micro-controllers, general-purpose computing boards (Raspberry Pi, NVIDIA Jetson).
- 5+ years of experience in a professional environment.
- C++ (versions 11 and 14 acceptable, but preferably 17 or 20) and Python.
- Product-level code experience (scalability-based software).
- Structured and independent working style.
- Strong social skills, presentation skills, and communication skills (in speech and writing).
- Ability to use technical expertise to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Masters or PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, or a closely related field.
We'd love it if you have
- Machine learning, robot perception, autonomous navigation, computer vision, and sensor fusion technologies.
- Real-time/embedded software development.
- Experience with designing, building, and deploying scalable, distributed, highly available systems.
- 3D game or simulation programming experience (e.g. Unreal Engine, Gazebo).
- Motor controllers.
- ROS (Robot Operating Systems).
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.