About the Company: WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life’s work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork leverages its vast experience, market penetration, and economies of scale to deliver exceptional custom designed spaces of various scale and services for clients as per their business requirement.
About the Role:
The Client Solutions team is responsible for custom designed spaces solving complex problems for our customers - setting up projects for success by ensuring what we sell is what we can deliver. Client Solutions is the bridge between our Sales function and our Product function and is at the front-line of technical customer interactions throughout the sales process.
The ideal candidate may be a Project Management Professional/ Architect with a preferred background in architecture, engineering, or construction industries and has a fair idea of industry best practices and is ready to learn and unlearn to make the process better. In addition, the candidate must enjoy interfacing with customers and understand the art of technical selling: driving urgency, consultative sales ultimately closing business with a proven ability to effectively juggle competing priorities. This individual should have good knowledge of building design, Interior fit-out design, construction, MEP and technology implementation. The position requires a ready to learn attitude, a good understanding of our brand and an aptitude for positive and clear communication within your team. Additionally, the role requires respect for and discretion with sensitive information. Candidates must thrive at interfacing with internal stakeholders in a complex matrixed organization to develop creative solutions to customer requirements.
- Preliminary Due Diligence - the candidate will perform high-level requirement analysis without external consultants with the goal of supporting fast-moving sales cycles without significant utilization of resources. They will work quickly to flag risks, develop solution options, and negotiate alignment with internal stakeholders.
- Be able to identify potential impacts to project budget, schedule, and quality leveraging knowledge of WeWork product offering. The PM must identify physical or systems infrastructure that will impact the deal negotiations and the solutioning (demolition, smart changes to accommodate requirements with minimal impact, hazardous materials, etc)
- Substantial involvement during the sales process managing due diligence, support in developing feasible layouts, understand lease terms, optimise estimates and initial budgets, support in preliminary schedule planning, and secure necessary approvals
- Effectively document and convey these custom requirements and design solutions to the broader design and construction team, to ensure proper execution.
- Manage multiple projects of various scales at a time and prioritize workload within the group to ensure that project timelines are met.
- Generate and continuously maintain reporting data for respective projects, reporting to upper management as necessary
- Work across the department to implement and roll out new initiatives and meeting targets.
- Have site walk-throughs with potential members to give insights to our standard offerings and possible solutioning.
- Be a key client-facing member of the Client Solutions Team, working closely with our Sales and Product teams.
- Prioritise work at hand and offer timely inputs and solutions for custom projects.
- Support managers at deal level work which is largely tactical in nature and involves working directly or indirectly towards generating revenues
- Able to provide context on goals. Learning to discern urgency vs. importance. Learning best practices and makes trade-offs: time vs. quality.
- Operates with autonomy with some oversight regarding areas of responsibilities.
- Responsible for supporting and managing relationships on small to medium projects or projects that are part of a larger deal.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, project management, building management, Architecture
- 4+ years of AEC experience, including project management / design management experience of at least 2 years in corporate interior fit-out works, high-end retail, hospitality, or similar projects, as well as substantial collaboration with design and procurement teams
- Exposure to dealing with clients including participation in client meetings throughout the design and construction process, especially relating to corporate fitout space, IT, AV, Security and MEP services
- Experience working with enterprise (e.g. Fortune 500) companies preferred
- Understanding of project budgeting and scheduling and the ability to communicate and work closely with clients and external D&B partners.
- Clear and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Resourceful problem solver and a quick learner
- Strong time management skills and experience in contributing to multiple projects simultaneously; demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Excel, Airtable or other data management system
- Self-directed with a “can do” attitude, but open to feedback and a strong desire to learn
- Proven track record working in a high-growth, fast paced environment
- Be a Positive Influencer - Become a positive influence within your team and beyond by always carrying yourself in a professional manner. Be optimistic and help others do so as well.