GumGum is a global technology and media company specializing in contextual intelligence. For over a decade, we have applied our proven machine learning expertise to extract value from digital content for the advertising industry. The company’s contextual advertising engine, Verity™, comprehends the meaning of text, images and video online, allowing marketers to safely and precisely place ads where people are most engaged. Combining that contextual targeting and brand safety intelligence with proprietary high-impact ad formats, GumGum’s advertising solutions deliver industry leading efficiency, accuracy and performance.
The Lead Creative Engineer works on high impact, high value accounts and must deliver work at the highest industry standard. They will be responsible for training and delegating tasks amongst a team of 2-3 additional engineers. Finally, the creative engineer will contribute to the development and maintenance of the technical stack for Pier Design System and other tools, products, and interactive materials that the design team produces.
In order to support GumGum client needs, this type of engineer works in a fast paced client focussed environment and the role requires excellent prioritization and time management skills.
****Please note we are working from home until September 2021
- Implement ad creatives to be served across different OS/browser combinations
- Troubleshoot errors in ad creatives being served in live environments
- Work with account managers to implement client suggested changes in the ad creatives
- Create and maintain markup templates
- Develop the technical implementations of new ad unit types
- Adapt our products to evolving industry requirements such as cumulative layout shift (CLS).
- Develop and maintain the Design System stack
- Contribute to Design System markup and css creation.
- Train and manage a team of 2-3 remote developers.
- Train international ad operations specialists to support Japan and UK operations as well as any US overflow.
- No formal education requirement
- 3 years of HTML and CSS experience
- Cross Browser experience is preferred
- Understanding of CSS preprocessors
- Knowledge of common JS frameworks and templating engines
- Experience with GIT workflows
- Understanding of the ad-tech industry a plus
- Knowledge of Tumult Hype would be a major plus
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employee + Spouse/family
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Stocked kitchen & Everytable Smartfridge
- Dog-friendly HQ office - we love our fur babies! Check us out on Instagram @dogsofgumgum
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
Stride - our company council committee to share learnings, give updates and provide feedback to the company regarding initiatives and discussions around diversity, inclusion and equity.
Thoughtful…We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external)
Agility…We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
Grit…We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum