Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
We are looking for a Lead Data Architect to join our Data Team to design and develop our data warehouse so that we can democratize data at Spin. Our data warehouse is the source of truth that data analysts, data scientists and Spin business units use to develop models, inform strategy and make business and product decisions. You will be redesigning the existing data warehouse so that the foundations are in place to build efficient and scalable data models. You will be designing and developing the business logic to produce consistent and robust metrics. You will be collaborating with the Data Team (data analysts, data scientists) as well as business and product teams to define business logic and key metrics. You will work closely with Data engineering to implement efficient and scalable ETL/ELTs. If you are passionate about connecting data efficiently to solve complex business problems, we want to hear from you!
Our team consists of people that are passionate about creating finely polished and intuitive experiences and, at the same time, obsess over performance and reliability of what we build. We challenge the status quo and strive towards finding the best way to solve problems.
We work in small collaborative groups to keep processes and overhead low, so we have a lot of trust and autonomy to perform the work required to build the best product.
- Design the architecture of the data warehouse with self-serve democratization in mind.
- Collaborate with partners to define and develop business logic.
- Develop robust and scalable data models.
- Influence the Data roadmap and strategic direction.
- Develop efficient ETL/ELT pipelines in collaboration with Data Engineering.
- Develop frameworks and LookML models to allow for self-serve analysis through Looker.
- Establish methods for measuring and monitoring data quality, completeness and redundancies.
- Lead technical data projects end-to-end.
- Define best practices and guidelines for data modeling.
- Degree in a quantitative field like analytics, statistics, economics, computer science, or applied math.
- Minimum of 8 (or 6 with advanced degree) years of relevant experience in data architect, data engineering or analytics role.
- Specialist in SQL.
- Experience with Looker.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, especially being able to translate a design into technical scope.
- Experience with Github / Gitlab and source control.
- Experience contributing to or developing an ETL using such tools as Airflow and dbt.
- Experience designing and developing a data warehouse or analytics platform.
- Project management experience, leading end-to-end project execution.
- Experience in Python (preferred) or R.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]