About the Role
- Responsible for architecting our next gen data processing applications and reporting systems/Engine through Python, SQL, Talend, Snowflake, Tableau, R. Redshift and Big data tools and Tech – Hadoop, Hive, HDFS,Kafka, Spark etc. Relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Follow software engineering development practices for building scalable and highly secure micro applications / micro services
- Craft optimal data processing architecture and systems for new data and ETL pipelines and drive the recommendation for improvements and modifications to existing data and ETL pipelines
- Evangelize high quality data engineering practices towards building data infrastructure, pipelines at scale and foster the next-gen state of art data warehouse
- Design and build robust data integrations within our data platform and between the engineering systems to enable touchless data processing.
- Evangelize our reporting platform to embrace new initiative like prescriptive modeling, Self-Serve analytics and machine learning through data engineering solutions
- Drive internal process improvements and automating manual processes for data quality and SLA management
- Collaborate with business partners at all levels to facilitate issues resolution, troubleshoot functional application issues, develop solutions to support business needs, and help determine opportunities to leverage current analytical application capabilities
- Work closely with business partners to develop OKRs, build operating dashboards in Looker/Tableau/Microstrategy, and manage performance and reporting to key stakeholders
- Analyze extremely large data sets (tens of millions of records) to identify, evaluate and prioritize new opportunities to grow and optimize the business through analytics, financial modeling, and business case development
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Solve complex and disruptive business problems that have a direct impact on our bottom line
- Work with different teams of data scientists, engineers, architects and business partners on how to solve data and business problems in a scalable way
- Be part of a team which has high visibility across the organization
- Contribute ideas and direct the team’s investment to impactful directions
- Contribute to a culture of technical collaboration and scalable development
We’re excited about you because…
- Experience in building out scalable data models and data engineering capabilities
- Strong understanding of not only the technical architecture but also the various business models at Stitchfix
- 5+ years of independent project experience with significant contributions.
- Exceptional coding and design skills in Python, R and SQL
- Experience in working autonomously and taking ownership & accountability
- of projects.
- Ability to think globally, devising and building solutions to meet many needs rather than completing individual projects or tasks
- Strong prioritization skills with business impact in mind
- Familiarity with using Spark to access an S3 data warehouse
- Strong cross functional communication skills that help simplify and move complex problems forward with business partners
You'll love working at Stitch Fix because we...
- Are a successful, vibrant, fast-growing company
- Are a technologically and data-driven business.
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation.
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- Get to be creative every day.
- Have a smart, experienced, and diverse leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- Have sunny offices in downtown San Francisco, CA
- Offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries, as well as equity and comprehensive health benefits.
- Are serious about our commitment to life-work balance, and have generous parental leave policies.
About Stitch Fix
Stitch Fix is an online personal style service for men and women combining art and science to disrupt and redefine the retail industry. We’re the first fashion retailer to blend expert styling, proprietary technology, and unique product to deliver a refined and deeply personalized shopping experience. We leverage vast amounts of client data to make decisions throughout the company. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people to contribute! We’d love for you to help us carry on the trend.