Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. The spread of smartphones presents an incredible opportunity for the world’s emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility. We are revolutionizing banking in Kenya and Tanzania, and will soon expand to other countries in East Africa and in other regions across the globe. Read more about how we work here.
Led by the founder and former CEO of Kiva.org, our team has unmatched experience in financial technology and emerging markets. Our success has led to investments from Silicon Valley’s leading VCs.
You will operate at the intersection of engineering and data science - designing, building, and scaling a credit decision infrastructure with the potential to unlock access to financial services to a billion people in emerging markets. Using data available through a user's Android device, you will build fraud and credit models to make real-time decisions.
- You’ve successfully been a lead engineer within an organization that uses data science and machine learning to make credit decisions on a large scale.
- You have expert command of all aspects of data science -- statistical analysis, machine learning, model validation, etc.
- You love to code. You have extensive knowledge of a variety of languages; in particular, some combination of Python and C++.
- You are familiar with AWS and working with various databases like Postgres, MongoDB, and NEO4j.
- You are highly entrepreneurial. You take the initiative to solve problems as they arise.
- You know that startups are a team sport. You listen to others, speak your mind, and ask the right questions. You are a great collaborator and teacher.
Benefits of Joining
- Mission-driven, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- 80% coverage of insurance costs (health, dental, vision)
- Unlimited PTO
- Discretionary trips to our offices across the globe
- Pre-tax commuter deductions
- Bi-weekly team meals and events