WHO WE ARE
Looker is on a mission to bring better insights and data-driven decisions to every business. Everything we do is aimed at making sure our customers love every aspect of Looker, from our products and technologies to our ease of doing business and our support. We are looking for curiously brilliant individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics. Looker joined Google Cloud in February 2020.
WHAT WE'VE GOT GOING ON
Looker is seeking a Lead DevOps engineer to support our rapidly growing business as we expand our team to Dublin. Your knowledge, skills and approach will be essential to our success. You’ll support all aspects of our critical infrastructure, design and implement key systems, and work closely with our developer and customer support teams.
Looker is a fast-paced environment where everything counts: security, reliability and scalability. The ideal candidate has touched all aspects of a large production environment and is prepared to scale their own responsibilities along with the company.
The engineering team at Looker is a tight-knit group of high performers. We value simplicity in both our code and our user interfaces. We place a high value on automating routine tasks. We don’t believe in large teams; we opt for small groups that move fast, communicate clearly, and achieve more. We try to choose the right tool for the job, not one tool to solve all problems. We make a huge impact on product direction, we experiment, and we iterate rapidly.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Work closely with the software engineering, product management and customer support teams to design, deliver, and manage our services with high uptime
- Troubleshoot operations and database issues for internal and external customers
- Deploy application updates and manage infrastructure
- Ensure system and network security
- Develop custom tools and automate processes
- Implement monitoring, develop automated provisioning, and develop self-healing automation
- Perform incident resolution and root cause analysis of critical outages
- Implement solutions to systematic failures
WHAT YOU BRING TO LOOKER
- Strong Linux system administration skills
- Extensive experience working in production environments with AWS, GCP or Azure
- Comfortable with Kubernetes, Docker, configuration management and monitoring tools.
- Deep understanding of databases and web server technologies
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Scripting or programming skills in any common language available on Linux
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance and disaster recovery
- A background of full-stack development, or directly supporting full-stack development would be a bonus
Skills: AWS, GCP, Azure, Linux, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Python, Ruby
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT LOOKER
Looker is a unified platform that powers data experiences and delivers actionable business insights to employees at the point of decision. Looker integrates data into the daily workflows of users to allow organizations to extract value from data at web-scale. Over 2000 industry-leading and innovative companies such as Sony, Amazon, The Economist, IBM, Etsy, Lyft and Kickstarter have trusted Looker to power their data-driven cultures. Looker joined Google Cloud in February 2020.
For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn
or visit looker.com
Looker aspires to be a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage you to join us in changing the way businesses use data.