Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
DigitalOcean (NYSE: DOCN) simplifies cloud computing so builders can spend more time creating software that changes the world. With our mission-critical infrastructure and fully managed offerings, DigitalOcean enables startups and small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to rapidly deploy and scale modern applications. As a remote-first organization, our employees, like our customers, are based around the world.
At DigitalOcean, cloud computing allows us to modernize and consolidate IT infrastructure, automate workloads, and pursue next-generation innovation. To continue this transformation, we’re seeking an experienced cloud engineer who has expertise in the strategy, design, development, and implementation of large-scale projects in the cloud. The ideal candidate will have a firm grasp of emerging technologies, platforms, and applications and an ability to customize them to help our business become more secure and efficient. Extensive knowledge of cloud maintenance and advanced industry knowledge is essential to keep us on the cutting edge. The cloud engineer will have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of IT operations and an ongoing impact on growth.
Objectives of this role
- Work in tandem and lead the skilled engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance
- Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to developer teams to build their cloud competencies
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards for code quality and thoughtful design
- Manage cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines
What you will be doing at Cloudways - A DigitalOcean Company:
- At the direction of lead architects, develop and implement technical efforts to design, build, and deploy GCP applications, including large-scale data processing, computationally intensive statistical modeling, and advanced analytics
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle for GCP solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance
- Troubleshoot incidents, identify root causes, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training when necessary
- Demonstrate exceptional problem-solving skills, with an ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity
Plan, deploy and maintain mission-critical applications in distributed and cloud environments
- Develop components/features/functionalities that combine together to solve customer problems.
- Develop, test, deploy, maintain and optimize the configuration management code
- Configure and manage different cloud services
- Work in squads to develop, test, and deploy the end-to-end solution
- Mentor and train other engineers
- Share 24/7 on-call duties with the rest of the DevOps team
What will you be adding at Cloudways:
- Three or more years of experience in architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions on GCP (Google Cloud) platforms
- Understanding of and experience with the five pillars of a well-architected framework
- Experience in several of the following areas: database architecture, ETL, business intelligence, big data, machine learning, advanced analytics
- In-depth knowledge of Terraform (Iaas)
- Good understanding of Containerized environment [Kubernetes]
- Proven ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams of business analysts, developers, data scientists, and subject-matter experts
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science, information technology, or mathematics
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST, and RPC
- GCP/GKE certification
- Has in-depth knowledge of configuration management code (Ansible)
- Has an in-depth understanding of Python-based APIs (Flask framework)
- Has knowledge of Linux preferably worked on web environments
- Good understanding of platform and systems’ architecture – modular monoliths, microservices.
- Working knowledge of modern ops technologies, e.g. monitoring, log aggregation, alerting, and service discovery.
- Previously worked in a diversified remote environment
- Good communication skills
- 5+ years experience of working as a DevOps Engineer and/or System Admin(preferably in a Product based orga
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
We reward our employees. The salary range for this position is based on relevant years of experience and skills. Employees may qualify for a bonus in addition to base salary; bonus amounts are determined based on company and individual performance. We also provide equity compensation to eligible employees including grants of equity upon hire and the option to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging our teams and employees to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship and other internal programs. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
We care about your well-being. In addition to cash and equity compensation, we also offer employees a competitive array of benefits. In Pakistan, these include health insurance, unlimited vacation, retirement benefits, a generous parental leave program, generous performance-based bonuses, and additional resources to support employees' overall well-being. While the philosophy around our benefits is the same worldwide, specific benefits may vary in other countries due to local regulations and preferences.
We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role