Are you ready to step up and lead the applications development and infrastructure operations of Australia’s premier women’s media network?
As Lead DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for the systems, processes, troubleshooting and functionality of software products for the Mamamia business.
You will need a can-do mindset to keep up with our amazing growth trajectory and to problem solve with our product managers and senior leadership.
Your time management and people skills will be relied upon for you to be an effective and inspirational leader of your team
If you’re a hands on DevOps engineer with full stack development and operations expertise you won’t find a role that offers the same breadth and autonomy elsewhere.
Key responsibilities include;
- Ensure the internal IT operations run in a smooth and effective manner
- Work with the Head of Product to ensure that project stakeholders are well informed and high quality deliverables are met
- Mentor, motivate and guide the development team towards building best in class systems, processes and products
- Provide clear and effective communication around technical solutions
- Develop and oversee the development of custom themes, plugins, features and integrations to continuously evolve Mamamia’s sites
- Monitor the production system service levels and troubleshoot issues to identify issues
- Manage the security, scalability, performance, availability and recoverability of Mamamia’s sites
To be successful you will have;
- Current experience in a similar role (preferably in the online publishing industry) with a heavy development focus
- A systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving
- Experience of managing software developers within an agile development environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive and solutions oriented approach to technology development
- Proven capacity to successfully manage complex project schedules and competing deadlines
Desirable system experience;
- Infrastructure: CloudFlare, Docker, AWS (EC2, ECS, RDS, S3)
- Monitoring: NewRelic
- Provisioning: Terraform, Ansible
- Languages: PHP, HTML5, Sass, Bash
- Tools: Git, Composer, Bower, Grunt/Gulp
- Modern Wordpress: Bedrock, Sage, ACF
- Planning: JIRA, Confluence
- IT: Google Apps for Work, Ubiquiti Unifi, mVoice hosted PBX
- Platforms: Brightcove, Salesforce ExactTarget