Zoox's Advanced Hardware Engineering team is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of sensor technology and the compute platform for our vehicles. In this role, you will work within a multi-disciplinary engineering team to design high speed digital and embedded systems in accordance with industry standards, best practices, and requirements.
- Provide engineering leadership for multiple Compute and Control modules
- Work extensively with cross-functional teams (software, mechanical, integration) to ensure product success
- Able to drive team to consensus in dynamic environment
- BS or MS in electrical engineering or equivalent and 7+ years of professional work experience
- Strong electrical engineering fundamentals
- Track record of successful product delivery
- Experience in board and system-level testing and characterization
- Working knowledge of circuit design and simulation tools
- Working knowledge of schematic design and PCB layout tool (Altium Designer preferred)
- Strong problem solving skills (both technical and organizational)
- Experience with both prototype and high volume contact manufacturing including overseas
- Knowledge of x86/Compute architecture
- Experience in functional safety
- Experience in automotive/EV/AV/aerospace/space or similar industries
- Experience in various development models (JDM/OEM)
- Experience in software/automation development
- Hands-on lab experience such as soldering, and experience with lab equipment (power supplies, signal generators, oscilloscopes)
- Familiarity with common industry technologies and protocols including I2C, UART, SPI, CAN, LIN, USB
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.