Lead Engineer for Mechanisms – Body and Closures Systems
The leader for the body mechanism systems will be responsible for leading the design, development and engineering activities for the mechanisms used on the Body Department systems (closures, roofs, exterior, etc.).
The leader will ensure compliance of the mechanisms design with all vehicle attributes, regulations, technical, functional and structural requirements, quality objectives, program milestones, deliverables and specific targets (performance, cost, weight, safety, timing, etc.).
The mechanisms leader will develop unique and highly advanced engineering concepts and designs, leading innovation and advanced technologies for the body mechanism systems. It will initiate and coordinate studies and drive decisions regarding designing new mechanisms versus using or modifying existing, off-the-shelf, mechanisms from high end suppliers.
The mechanism leader will fully support implementation in production and interfaces, cooperation and integration with other Company’s groups.
The mechanism leader will report to the Closures Manager and Body Director.
· Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering from an accredited university
· Minimum of 6 years of experience in design, development, release and implementation in production of body mechanism components and systems, with a strong background in: design and engineering for use on closures, moving roofs, other body systems, kinematics and CAE applications, specific mechanism components fabrication processes, testing, compliance and regulations and assembly
· Specific experience with door handles (interior and exterior), hinges, checks, latches and locks, window regulators, propos (manual and automatic), wiper motor and actuation, electronics and software controls
· Specific knowledge with injection molding, electric and hydro-pneumatic actuation, sheet metal forming, joining, composites, product launch and body mechanisms functionality and installation development
· Experience with various body materials with emphasis on light-weight materials: Aluminum, composites, ultra-high-strength steel, etc.
· Knowledge of CAD systems (hands-on and/or supervision) and design documentation systems (PLM, PDM, BOM’s, releases, etc.)
· Experience with supplier interface and development
· Experience with leading engineers, designs and contractors
· Able and willing to travel domestically and/or internationally
· Able and willing to travel and support production launch
· Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering specialized in mechanisms, machineries and/or manufacturing
· Previous planning and program management experience
· Knowledge with Design for Six Sigma, Lean Concepts, DFMEA and PFMEA
· Highly motivated individual with excellent communication and organizational skills
· Strong leadership, decision making and problem solving skills
· Ability to lead and coordinate the program and technical issues resolution
· Ability to work on multiple tasks and assignments targeting meeting or exceeding the goals set up by the department Director and Company
· Positive attitude and constructive approach to interfaces with others and problems solving
This job has been filled or removed by NextEV.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Lead Engineer for Mechanisms – Body and Closures Systems job post.