WhenThen is a venture-backed startup on a mission to help internet companies create fast and flexible payment flows in minutes, without code!
Our culture encapsulates some key elements such as working in a smart, collaborative and problem-solving way, always looking out for each other and doing well by doing good. It’s how we think and act every single day!
If you’re intrigued by “what if anything could trigger a transaction, and a transaction could trigger anything”, then join WhenThen and help us build the most innovative payment platform in the world. And power businesses of all types and sizes to transact with their customers in the ways they want.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a talented and hungry Lead Frontend Engineer with React experience to join our startup. You will be responsible for building out features and components on our web platform, and building and leading a team as we scale. You will report directly to our CTO. You’ll have the opportunity to work with our dedicated and close knit team to execute on our vision.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Hands on coding
- Lead the development and delivery of our web platform (React)
- Work on our chatops layer
- Work on our no-code builder experience
- Develop reusable components to streamline future development
- Make architecture decisions
- Mentor other members of the frontend team
YOU MAY BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE
- Experience with AWS (an advantage but not essential)
- Experience with chatbot frameworks (an advantage but not essential)
- Experience with no-code or low-code (an advantage but not essential)
WE NEED YOU TO HAVE
- 2+ years’ of technical frontend lead experience
- Experience working in a payments, Fintech or eCommerce background
- At least 18 months experience in React
- Thorough understanding of React and its core principles (Hooks, Redux, HOC, Styled Components)
- Experience in building of responsive web applications
- Experience implementing animation and transitions frameworks
- An understanding of how modern browsers work and familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Ability to create unit tests and e2e test suites
- Experience using build tools and package managers
- Integrating with backend REST and GraphQL APIs
- Ability to work in an agile environment and adapt to change
- A learning- and growth-focused mindset and a strong desire to share your skills and learn from those around you
WHAT WE OFFER
Salary - Attractive competitive remuneration
Competitive stock options - Joining WhenThen means you’ll own a part of the company
Remote and flexible working - Work from home or any location with ease and flexibility
Team - Passionate hard-working and dedicated colleagues
Technology - Some cool tech to allow you to do your best work
Self-development - Annual professional development allowance
Company retreats - Company retreats (to really nice places!)
4 day work weeks - we’re piloting a 4 day work week affording our team the time to rejuvenate and in turn boosting productivity
WhenThen is an employer that provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.