Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! As the Lead Game Designer at Rec Room you will work at all levels of the design process from building consensus around goals to crafting the details of individual features. You will own the player-to-player relationship and ensure that Rec Room is a fun and welcoming environment for people from all walks of life. You will collaborate across disciplines and teams through all phases of the design process. And you will balance the needs of the company, your team, and most importantly the players.
- Be the vision holder for social and trust & safety systems including: friendships, messages, parties, reporting, kicking, and banning.
- Own and drive new features end to end. From the pitch, iteration, and ship, all the way through to upkeep in our live service.
- Design new features that work well across a variety of diverse platforms (phones, consoles, VR, etc.).
- Utilize a broad range of game design techniques to deliver engaging features that connect our players.
- Transform your ideas into well-thought-out designs, clearly communicated with just enough documentation, wireframes, flows, and spreadsheets.
- Working with trust and safety manager who leads the moderation and customer service teams.
- Use a mix of data and player feedback to test and iterate on live features.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH:
- 5+ years of game design experience
- 2+ years of experience leading teams and owning game systems.
- A portfolio including shipped games
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to onboard and work remotely, until we return to the office, located in Seattle, WA.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience with Unity
- A systems design background
- Experience designing engagement and social systems
- Experience engaging with game communities
- Experience with live services and rapid-deployment
- A strong user lens - the ability to see the game through players’ eyes
- The ability to work autonomously in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments.
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec room respects employee's personal lives and we value work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to ensure a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive work culture.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.