At Assurance we are disrupting the antiquated and inefficient world of insurance and financial services. Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals are modernizing how people obtain and manage their financial life all through our powerful platform ecosystem. We are rapidly growing as we expand our product offerings and global footprint, and this growth continues to present new and exciting challenges as we push our industry into its future. We eliminate waste throughout the industry and calculate the complex into simple, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We are humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
About the Position
As we build the future of consumer insurance in a modern age, data and machine learning are at the core of everything that we do. We currently have more than 65 models in production and are doing tens-of-million real-time predictions per day. Our Machine Learning Engineers design and build the services that allow us to make these smart decisions at scale. At Assurance, we hire experts in their field, and we give them the independence and trust to build based on their expertise.
The lead is expected to technically manage 2-4 Machine Learning Engineers at a mix of levels. Your focus will be on the whole team's productivity and strive to increase the impact of the team's output. You will be empowered to make independent decisions for the team and are expected to partner effectively with all areas of the business.
Your time will be split between the following
* 30% coding
* 30% mentoring
* 40% cross team planning and project management
To be successful in this role, you must possess the following:
- Excellent communication ability – you can explain your work in a way that anyone in the company can understand, and you can frame problems in a way that ensures the right question is being asked.
- Business Acumen – you are always eager to understand how the business works, and more specifically, how your work impacts the business.
- Enthusiastic yet humble – you are excited about the work you do, but you are also humble enough to embrace feedback – you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.
- Strong technical skills - you are expected to be able to jump into the codebase and be able to lead the way.
Please review our CCPA policies here