Afterpay has transformed the way people pay by allowing shoppers to receive products immediately and pay in four simple installments over a short period of time. The service is completely free for customers who pay on time - helping consumers spend money responsibly, without incurring interest, fees or revolving and extended debt. Afterpay is offered by more than 55,400 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 7.3 million active customers globally. The solution is currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where it is called Clearpay. Afterpay evolves quickly and is on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay and an employer of choice. We are on a rocketship most days so if you are up for a challenge, like the notion of joining a business with big dreams and love being part of a high performing team then please grab a ticket and contact us today.
As we continue to rapidly expand our business here at Afterpay, a new opportunity has been created for a Lead Merchant Risk Analyst in our Risk and Analytics team. The ideal candidate will have rich risk background, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as interpersonal skills to work across the organization to drive forward recommendations. This role offers a unique opportunity to innovate and improve Afterpay’s merchant risk policy and process and merchant experience. This position will be based in our newly setup Shanghai Technology Center.
• Responsible for global merchant risk detection, work with policy and operation team to makes sound decisions that balance risk, cost of risk, experience and financial performance.
• Design, build and implement merchant risk solution framework that is scalable and easy to adapt to new business.
• Responsible for building/maintaining alerts, dashboards, and metrics to monitor merchant risk strategies and portfolio performance.
• Develop insightful tools to help merchandise risk case review.
• Proactively Identifies and addresses problems and issues during normal course of work and reacts quickly to solve issues with minimum guidance.
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results on matters of significance to the business.
• Collaborate with other data scientists and analysts to formulate innovative solutions and partner with product and engineering teams in implementing models, and enhancing solutions.
• Look for improvement and innovation opportunities with business impact. Provide a source of high-quality ideas.
• Master degree or above in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or related fields.
• 5-10 years of work experience involving data analysis, preferably with risk analytics experience.
• Strong software programming skills and familiar with at least one programming language. Experience with SQL, Python, and/or modeling skills.
• Passion for finding insights in data and driving change based on those insights.
• Exceptional communication skills; ability to simplify and present complex analytical concepts to senior leadership.
• Fluency in English, both written and oral.
• Work experience with data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, or Power BI is a plus.
• Knowledge of E-commerce, online payment and mobile a is a strong plus.