Qualis Corporation is seeking a Lead Modeling and Simulation Engineer with extensive knowledge of Alternative Position, Velocity, and Timing algorithms to join our team of well-qualified, diverse individuals at our Huntsville, AL office.
- Develop and apply advanced algorithms, methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of alternative position, velocity, and timing acquisition.
- Lead team of engineers to define, develop, test, and evaluate technical problems and architect solutions
- Develop, track, and maintain system requirements of complex developmental technology programs.
- Identify, define, and execute verification and validation methods for system requirements
- Review literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Define technical analysis methods, conduct independent research, and present findings.
- Assist in preparing test documentation for inclusion in test and evaluation reports
- Conduct investigations, analysis, and tests of considerable complexity.
- Perform failure analysis and develop coarse of actions
- Participate in integrated test teams
- Develop and present technical white papers and executive level briefings.
- Assist in develop of program technical approach and technical roadmap
- Assist in develop of technical program plan, identify technical milestones, and ensure progress against the technical objectives
- Bachelor’s of Science (BS) Degree in a System, Electrical, Computer, Software, Aerospace, Aeronautical Engineering or another STEM program from an ABET accredited university.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in system engineering, design, analysis, and test of algorithm development
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in modeling and simulation development, test, and evaluation
- Candidate must posses a clear understanding of engineering principles such as but not limited to Global Navigation, Satellite System (GNSS), RF communications, measurement and estimation techniques, and error correction theory and implementation.
- Candidate must be proficient in MATLAB
- Candidate must have experience leading technical teams through a program development life cycle.
- Candidate must have experience leading research & development efforts.
- Candidate must have the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Candidate must have or have the ability to obtain a SECRET clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen to obtain and maintain an active Secret clearance
- Candidate must be located in or willing to relocate to Huntsville, AL.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Mechanical, System, Electrical, Computer, or other related technical Engineering discipline from an ABET-accredited university.
- Top Secret clearance preferred
- Experience supporting projects for the Department of Defense
- Knowledge of Kalman filtering or other optimization methods
- Knowledge of software-defined radio platforms and design flow
- Possess excellent time–management skills to contribute to multiple tasks concurrently
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess excellent presentation skills
Qualis Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse and talented workforce who can contribute to the mission and vision of the Company. Our employees are our greatest asset and we promote a positive work environment, teamwork, professional growth, innovation, community involvement, flexible scheduling and a family-friendly work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disabled and a Participant in E-Verify