At Stitch Fix, our goal is to help our customers look great and feel great about themselves by revolutionizing how people shop. In a time-starved world where shopping often feels overwhelming, our business connects customers to clothes they love. Whether it's helping someone dress for success at a new job or taking the stress out of packing for a family vacation, we fix clients' closets – and they love us for it!
We've built unique, innovative software for clients, merchandising, warehouse and inventory management and remote styling. We leverage vast amounts of client data to personalize our service and make decisions throughout the company. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our clients and a very successful business. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we're looking for incredible people to contribute!
ABOUT THE PRODUCT DESIGN & RESEARCH TEAM
The Product Design Research team supports four major pillars within the organization: Engagement, Shop, Stylingand Merchandising & Warehousing. Stitch Fix has a user-centered culture and we help surface user research to the teams who use it to make decisions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- UX research! From early-stage ethnography and contextual inquiry to card-sorting, surveys, and usability studies, you’ll design and conduct research that make a recognized contribution to the company
- Partner with Design, Product, Data science, Engineering, Marketing and other key stakeholders to lead the process of problem framing to identify research topics and questions of interest that are relevant to the business
- Design studies to answer research questions, working with other researchers and mentoring design partners as necessary for more complex projects
- Partner to design the most appropriate studies for a given research area in coordination with other research functions, (Data Science, UX Data Science, Marketing Research)
- Recruit participants, manage participant incentives, organize data collected from studies, and drive insight sessions with the project team. Create and maintain complete, clear project plans for projects of moderate to large scope and complexity, keeping partners updated about schedules and deliverables.
- Responsible for leading research in one large area, consisting of multiple projects across the product lifecycle. Spearheads rigourous prioritization process, alongside senior level leaders, and ensuring that UXR commitments are aligned to the most appropriate initiatives.
- Evangelize research insights to a broad section of the company, including senior leadership, becoming the go-to expert for questions on user behavior in your program areas
ABOUT YOU / REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years experience as a UX researcher, designing, running, and reporting on your own studies
- Demonstrated mastery of all major qualitative user research methodologies
- Competence in key quantitative methodologies, e.g. card sorting and surveys
- Demonstrated understanding of quantitative research and knowledge of the strengths and limitations of when to use qualitative vs when to use quantitative methodologies
- You have an “always-learning” attitude and practice – you consistently seek out new challenges in work and process to expand your skill set
- Demonstrated ability to project manage your work and communicate expectations and status with stakeholders and partners
- Ability to draw meaningful insights from research and communicate them clearly and powerfully to stakeholders
- An educational background in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Design or related field
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX...
- We are a group of bright, kind and goal oriented people. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- Our UX Research team is small but mighty and expanding at a fast clip! You can be part of shaping the UX Research practice at Stitch Fix, and creating a foundation for Research at the company.
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.