Amplitude is a leading digital analytics platform. More than 1,800 customers, including Atlassian, Chick-fil-A, Marks & Spencer, NBCUniversal, PayPal, Shopify, and Under Armour rely on Amplitude to gain self-service visibility into the entire customer journey. With Amplitude, teams can understand what product features are working, where users are getting stuck, and what actions lead to the right outcomes. As an organization, we approach challenges with humility, take ownership of our contributions, and embrace a growth mindset that pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
Amplitude’s Commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI): Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
About The Role & Team
At Amplitude, User Experience is how we win our customers over. As the first designer on our Growth Analytics Team, you will lead and define an exciting new area tackling analytics for Growth teams. You’ll be an early member amongst a group of puzzlers excited about helping all companies quickly find and understand their core metrics like Facebook’s “7 friends in 10 days”. You'll be working closely with product managers, product designers, and engineers across teams to build incremental and new solutions. You will explore experimental and new ways of displaying information while solving existing customer pain within our Analytics product. You will have the opportunity to lead a team of highly collaborative, motivated product and eng leaders on strategy and vision.
As a Lead Product Designer, you will:
- Drive forward a 0-1 design strategy for an exciting new product area
- You will be an essential member of design leadership
- Apply your expertise in shaping strategy to constantly raise the bar and ensure that the team and product are better than where you left it
- Make sound first-principle rationale around resourcing to partners and leadership
- Work closely with some of the strongest and most collaborative product managers and engineer leads that you’ll meet in the industry
You'll be a great addition to the team if you:
Embrace the customer as part of the team. We believe you don’t build what the customer wants, but what the customer wants to become. To create that future, you first have to be an expert in the problem. You interact with customers directly - proxies don’t work - so you always gather first-hand feedback.
Empower everyone to be a leader. We believe teams closest to the problem are best suited to make the hard decisions quickly. We don’t institute stage gates for a reason - you are given autonomy to ensure we are always progressing forward.
Inspire through storytelling. We believe it is our responsibility to motivate through memorable stories that build a deep understanding of our users' experience. You tell stories to communicate strategy and inspire the outcomes we want to create for our customers.
Learn through frequent iteration. We believe that rapid iteration is the #1 indicator of success. You strive for a 10x vision, but you get there through 0.1 iterations. To continuously learn, you have to co-develop with customers. It may be faster to build behind closed doors, but by testing “skateboards” you can learn if you’re on the right path and gain the confidence needed to build a world-class experience.
- 6-7 years of design experience
- Complex workflows appeal to you
- Autonomy appeals to you
- Generative Design appeals to you
- Experience working with a mature design system
- Experience working on SaaS products
- Partnering with engineers and product to drive product strategy
- Excellent visual and verbal communication skills
The Product: Amplitude is a digital analytics platform – we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and ultimately grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to expand: a platform that empowers companies to thrive in the digital era.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
G2: #1 product analytics solution and #3 best software product
Business Insider: A top tech company to bet your career on
Fast Company: #3 most innovative enterprise company in the world
- Amplitude went public via a direct listing in September 2021 and is now trading under the ticker AMPL.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Benchmark Capital, Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
We’re a global and fast-growing team! We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Vancouver, Amsterdam, London, Paris, Singapore, and employees around the world.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.