Here at ClearScore we want to increase people’s confidence with their money. We started by giving people access to their credit score for free, now we want to change how people learn about money. We launched in July 2015 and now have over 7 million users globally. We’ve disrupted our industry at home and our product is now live in three countries. We’re bringing our ground-breaking mission and incredible product to millions more people all over the world.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast-paced, rapidly growing team of talented designers, helping to build revolutionary experiences that will help millions of users manage and better understand their finances.
Our offices are in Vauxhall, a short walk from Overground, Victoria and Northern Line trains via Vauxhall and Oval. We enjoy perks like free breakfasts, monthly office days out and a loads of fully-funded activities, sporting and non-sporting (from Yoga to Pandemic). We’re a sociable bunch as well as a passionate and quirky tribe, and we enjoy each other’s company, so it’s important that you’re a great fit for our culture.
The Lead Product Designer at ClearScore is a mix of hands on designing and a managerial role. You will be responsible for design delivery as well as looking after your design team. Working in a strategic partnership with the Head of Delivery and forging strong relationships with product managers and developers.
What you’ll get to do
- Create products that are used by millions of people around the globe to improve their financial decision making
- Act as a vital link between Product, Engineering and the Design.
- Team to solve complex problems, humanise product ideas and develop these ideas through concepts and prototypes into beautiful and elegant application design
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers to grow large strategic concepts through design exploration, ideation and user validation
- Oversee the user experience of products from conception through launch as well as additional ongoing iterations
- Present design solutions to stakeholders and company executives, defend design decisions and incorporate feedback into the design cycle
- Mentor, grow and guide your product design team, working with each designer to develop their skills and encourage them to excel. You will challenge the team to think beyond the expected.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
What you bring to the role
- 5-8 years of experience designing digital products that have been released to the market
- Demonstrable experience in leading small and medium sized design teams
- Proven experience delivering end-to-end (from brief to shipping) digital products within a cross-functional team environment with an iterative approach that leverages quantitative and qualitative measurement
- Ability to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and oversee the development process across different client platforms
- Demonstrated ability to think at a high level about product strategy but also act–with speed and precision–to identify and deliver the tactical pieces that realise it
- Thorough knowledge and experience across a range of design approaches, methodologies, including low and high fidelity prototyping skills
These are some of the things we look for:
- Friendly people who like to join in
- Pride in the work you do and everything you get involved with
- Independent thinking, and not being afraid to suggest new ideas
- Obsession with your craft, down to the smallest detail
- Data driven but able to make judgment calls when necessary
- Comfortable with ambiguity and excited by a challenge orientated environment
- Holidays – 25 paid holidays and a “duvet day” on your birthday
- Pension – ClearScore matches up to 3%
- Market-beating medical insurance - with the option to add friends and family
- Perk box – a choice of different benefits
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home
- Flexible, generous and personalised maternity and paternity plans
- Monthly funded GP office visits
- Free breakfast, fruit, coffee and beer
- Company personal trainer, boxing and yoga classes
- Company clubs for football, climbing, cinema, board games... if there's not one for your passion, start one!
- Monthly team events and office days out that we get to choose, and company events at the end of each race and retro