About the Team
Stitch Fix is transforming the way people find what they love. Our Product Design team has designed unique, innovative software for customers, merchandising, styling and warehouse and inventory management. We leverage customer data and user research to personalize our service and make smart bets. The result is a powerful offering to our customers and a successful business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We're looking for more outstanding designers to contribute to our evolution.
About the Role
As Lead Product Designer, you will drive customer-facing design projects from start to finish, including discovery and usability research. You’ll help innovate and evolve the customer experience as the business continues to transform the way customers find what they love.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead and execute on top-notch consumer UX solutions by planning and managing your own work.
- Connect your work to the company strategy and quarterly goals; know what success looks like.
- Facilitate cross-functional meetings and design workshops for actionable outcomes; bring an inclusive mindset to your leadership approach.
- Plan and perform discovery and usability research: Identify opportunities, write test plans and scripts, analyze results and communicate findings to influence project decisions.
- Collaborate with brand designers and guide copywriters to shape the customer experience.
- Communicate design rationale and evaluate designs based on HCI and Gestalt principles, product tenets, research, data and business strategy.
- Partner with the design platform team and engineering to assure design system coherence and quality of the deployed product.
- Develop your point of view and identify opportunities to innovate and evolve the product experience for new customers.
- Contribute to roadmap planning with PMs and your manager.
- Contribute your voice to the Product Design team by providing design feedback and thought partnership, mentoring and pairing with other designers and growing the team culture and goals.
We’re excited about you because you…
- Have 5+ years experience as a product designer for consumer-grade software across various digital channels, including native mobile apps.
- Have solid experience designing for the iOS platform and understand key technical differences between native iOS and the web.
- Design outstanding, polished interfaces and interaction solutions for which you can clearly articulate your rationale.
- Build and test prototypes to quickly learn and iterate on designs.
- Tell concise stories about your work and have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a growth mindset and a positive, action-oriented approach to work.
- Are curious and continuously learning about how to engage customers and solve their pain points.
- Use customer journeys, data insights and user research to identify areas of opportunity.
- Can juggle multiple priorities and navigate between strategic work and detailed execution.
- Demonstrate leadership, humility and flexibility in cross-functional discussions that serve to align on smart product decisions.
- Can draft directional product copy and can guide brand copywriters to craft the right message for the user.
- Received your professional education or training in human-computer interaction, interaction design, visual communication design or a related field.
- Supplementary skills, like service design, motion design, copywriting or front-end development are a plus.
You’ll love working at Stitch Fix because…
- We are a group of people who are bright, kind and motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same.
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation.
- We are a technologically and data-driven business.
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love.”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things.
- We believe in autonomy and taking initiative.
- We challenge and develop ourselves, and we strive to have meaningful impact.
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.
- We value diverse thought and talent, and we strive to create an inclusive culture.
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day.
About Stitch Fix
We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on the trend. We believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self.