Lead Product Designer at Sotheby’s Thread Genius
Thread Genius is a small technology group within Sotheby's focused on making art buying and selling more accessible via automation, data transparency, and artificial intelligence.
We function as a startup, meaning we all work closely and collaboratively to align on a unified product vision, living and breathing user-centered processes to create the best possible experience for art and design collectors. We can be scrappy when we need to be, though we are always focused on quality and impact.
We are looking for a hands-on, eCommerce-focused Lead Product Designer who is passionate about developing strategies off of insights, has the mastery of their craft to turn these insights into beautifully designed products (both interactions and visuals) and inspires the organization by showing/prototyping what is possible before it is built.
- Work with other designers, product owners, and engineers throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Let users lead the way. Our users inform where we are going. Our teams focus on listening to users, and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of related experience designing at consumer-focused tech companies or digital agencies; experience designing for mobile is a plus.
- You are an incredible designer with amazing design chops. You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You get nervous if you’re not sketching concepts, tweaking flows or polishing the designs that represent the big-thinking work. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground.
- You’re a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You also have the ability to mentor others to deliver work, and make strategy come to life.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. Even though you have incredible chops, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us
To apply, please send your resume and a link to your portfolio to [email protected]